Pages: 1

joey
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/06
Send PM

c ide
#76874 - 06/07/06 03:12 PM

Hi,

Can anybody give me some advice on a good (open-source) C IDE that i can use to hack mame? Whats your favorite?

joey

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: c ide new [Re: joey]
#76886 - 06/07/06 07:49 PM

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody give me some advice on a good (open-source) C IDE that i can use to hack
> mame? Whats your favorite?
>
> joey

It's not open source, but VC++ Express 2005 is free and works pretty well.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: c ide new [Re: joey]
#77288 - 06/11/06 07:54 PM

> Can anybody give me some advice on a good (open-source) C IDE that i can use to hack
> mame? Whats your favorite?

I don't use an IDE, but assuming you're on Windows, both Dev-C++ and Eclipse are popular open-source IDEs. (And before someone objects, Eclipse is *not* just for Java anymore).

Edited by R. Belmont (06/11/06 07:54 PM)

joey
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/06
Send PM

Re: c ide new [Re: R. Belmont]
#77685 - 06/16/06 03:40 PM

> > Can anybody give me some advice on a good (open-source) C IDE that i can use to
> hack
> > mame? Whats your favorite?
>
> I don't use an IDE, but assuming you're on Windows, both Dev-C++ and Eclipse are
> popular open-source IDEs. (And before someone objects, Eclipse is *not* just for Java
> anymore).

Any good reason why not using an IDE? I used notepad before to explore the mame code but now i'm getting more serious with it notepad seems to have some serious restrictions. To really understand how things work i need a good integrated debugger so i can step through the code, and i need the editor to understand the code so i can easily see declarations and jump to other sections etc. I tried them all (the open-source ide's) but eclipse with CDT seems to work best (its stable and very functional), configured to use mingw and custom makefile. I just keep getting messages from the scanner complaining about code bits it doesnt understand, like the #error preprocessor directive, and some other things. Has anybody used eclipse with CDT for Mame? And if so, can anybody tell me the correct configuration for it?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4145