MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mikonos
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/01/09
Send PM

"CONGORILLA BEZEL" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade & Mikonos
#398800 - 07/01/24 07:01 PM

"CONGORILLA BEZEL" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade & Mikonos

"Congorilla Bezel" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.

To start restoring this decoration, I had to disassemble all the scanned files and put them back together. The worst part of doing this is that I lost certain drawing lines and had to reconstruct them following my imagination and the original drawing patterns.

It is preferable to work from the beginning by assembling the files yourself, rather than having to disassemble them because it takes time to divide the files correctly and calculate the correct positions.

"Congorilla Bezel" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: "CONGORILLA BEZEL" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade & Mikonos new [Re: Mikonos]
#398801 - 07/01/24 10:17 PM

> "CONGORILLA BEZEL" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade &
> Mikonos
>
> "Congorilla Bezel" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade &
> Mikonos.
>
>
> To start restoring this decoration, I had to disassemble all the scanned files and
> put them back together. The worst part of doing this is that I lost certain drawing
> lines and had to reconstruct them following my imagination and the original drawing
> patterns.
>
> It is preferable to work from the beginning by assembling the files yourself, rather
> than having to disassemble them because it takes time to divide the files correctly
> and calculate the correct positions.
>
> "Congorilla Bezel" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade &
> Mikonos.

Just a couple notes on this one:

-- This was actually already in MAME Artwork... it's included in the Crazy Kong file: https://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork/ckong0001.png

-- This is also one of the first bezels I ever scanned, back in 2006, so I was still kind of new at the whole thing...

-- On that same note, scans from the very beginning are going to be like this... some of the files that first year or two, I unfortunately lost the PSD files that included the scans, before stitching.

Just wanted to let you know that info. It's not as necessary to work on, as we already have it completed, but if you think that your version will come out way better and be a big improvement over the current version, then go for it.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Mikonos
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/01/09
Send PM

Re: "CONGORILLA BEZEL" (ORCA) arcade artwork in restoration process by Zona Arcade & Mikonos new [Re: Mr. Do]
#398807 - 07/02/24 09:58 AM

What a pity!

Anyway, I'm very advancing with it and I've seen that there are many details missing, like the colors in the girl's hair (3 colors). I show you a screenshot.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 50