MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

VirtuaIceMan
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/22/07
Send PM

glitchy Thunder Blade graphics - how to overclock SUBCPU?
#398696 - 06/18/24 09:59 PM

I'm going to record some Thunder Blade soon, but the graphics flicker a lot, as per MAMEtesters https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=6494

I tried a few earlier versions but haven't come across one that suits yet (i.e. no flickery sprites).

In the MAMEtesters notes it says that if the SUBCPU is overclocked to 100% the problem is resolved, but is it possible to change the CPU clocking in the release versions of MAME, or would that need a special build making? I don't have the skills or software to edit/compile MAME.

Thanks if anyone can help!

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: glitchy Thunder Blade graphics - how to overclock SUBCPU? new [Re: VirtuaIceMan]
#398699 - 06/19/24 09:24 AM

> I'm going to record some Thunder Blade soon, but the graphics flicker a lot, as per
> MAMEtesters https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=6494
>
> I tried a few earlier versions but haven't come across one that suits yet (i.e. no
> flickery sprites).
>
> In the MAMEtesters notes it says that if the SUBCPU is overclocked to 100% the
> problem is resolved, but is it possible to change the CPU clocking in the release
> versions of MAME, or would that need a special build making? I don't have the skills
> or software to edit/compile MAME.
>
> Thanks if anyone can help!

run game with the cheat system active

Quote:

mame thndrbld -cheat

then go to the "~" menu (Slider Controls), and you will have the option to overclock the SUBCPU.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

VirtuaIceMan
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/22/07
Send PM

Re: glitchy Thunder Blade graphics - how to overclock SUBCPU? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#398704 - 06/19/24 05:57 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 193