RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

‘Unknowingly’ does not count as a reason
#397261 - 10/24/23 10:16 PM

Them gun packing rights don’t get rights when visiting other countries. Better to thoroughly check any luggage when leaving USA turf whether ‘knowingly or unknowingly’ a firearm is in the luggage. China won’t be accepting any ‘unknowingly’ as an excuse.

US Republican State Senator Jeff Wilson (WA) arrested over carrying gun into Hong Kong, barred from leaving city

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218393243

Jeff Wilson, a Republican senator from Washington state, appeared at Shatin Magistrates’ Courts on Monday following his Saturday arrest. He was released on a cash bail of HK$20,000 and ordered to hand over his travel documents and not to leave Hong Kong, local media reported.

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: ‘Unknowingly’ does not count as a reason new [Re: gregf]
#397262 - 10/24/23 10:45 PM

> US Republican State Senator Jeff Wilson (WA) arrested over carrying gun into Hong
> Kong, barred from leaving city

"Sing Tao Daily reported that Wilson, as well as his wife and two men who were with him, got into an altercation with reporters who took photos of him as he was leaving the courthouse. The police were called, with Wilson’s group demanding reporters delete the photos saying Wilson had not consented to being photographed."

What a moron. He thinks he has rights in China? He's about to get a rude awakening.
He'll most likely never be heard of again, spending the rest of his life in jail.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: ‘Unknowingly’ does not count as a reason new [Re: Robbbert]
#397286 - 10/26/23 11:56 AM

> > US Republican State Senator Jeff Wilson (WA) arrested over carrying gun into Hong
> > Kong, barred from leaving city
>
> "Sing Tao Daily reported that Wilson, as well as his wife and two men who were with
> him, got into an altercation with reporters who took photos of him as he was leaving
> the courthouse. The police were called, with Wilson’s group demanding reporters
> delete the photos saying Wilson had not consented to being photographed."

This is particularly stupid. In Hong Kong, street photography is a national pastime. Everyone gets photographed everywhere in public. You won’t get far in Hong Kong if you don’t want people to photograph you.

Also, the guy comes from the US, where there’s no need for consent to photograph a person in a public place, so I don’t see how he has any expectations about not being photographed.

When I read the title, I thought it was going to be a link to this story:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65389727
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act...ae4c653c2c43658
https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/b...010b240a1dd0e0f

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

Re: ‘Unknowingly’ does not count as a reason new [Re: gregf]
#397296 - 10/28/23 06:38 AM

Waiting to see all the righties who said that Brittney Griner deserved to sit in jail in Russia for breaking that country's laws, scream for this "responsible" gun owner's prompt release.

Edited by jibmums (10/28/23 06:39 AM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: ‘Unknowingly’ does not count as a reason new [Re: jibmums]
#397303 - 10/28/23 11:51 PM

> Waiting to see all the righties who said that Brittney Griner deserved to sit in jail in Russia for breaking that country's laws, scream for this "responsible" gun owner's prompt release.

Iirc it was either NBA or maybe it was MLB that had some program in operation of assisting athletes that may play overseas in which both the athlete and their agent could get information of laws and procedures that a country has in place before the athlete competes in the specific league overseas. I believe it may have started when former Olympic commissioner Peter Ueberoth was MLB commissioner back in late 1980s. Too bad the WNBA couldn’t have set up that program so she would have been aware to not have any of that when arriving.

I can see where medicinal cannabis can be useful and some procedure be in place where athletes could use that as a resource, but probably be in an environment where athlete has to be in a supervised setting.

As for the gun issue, I can understand when someone with a nonstop work schedule might make a mistake with a large suitcase luggage and doesn’t have time to always inspect luggage when constantly on the go, but it appears the GOP WA state senator had the firearm in a briefcase which should be more visible compared to a packed suitcase. It will be interesting when the case begins within next couple days.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: ‘Unknowingly’ does not count as a reason new [Re: jibmums]
#397415 - 11/21/23 02:51 AM

No. You seriously have a lack of understanding of the mindset of "the right". Most of us whish that laws were better enforced, and/or changed if we don't agree with them. Immigration: We aren't against it IN. THE. SLIGHTEST. But there is a LEGAL way to do it, and we demand that immigration laws are enforced. We want the legal way to be improved for faster/more efficient vetting, but we want illegal people to be sent back, and barred from returning... just how our laws are written.

Ignorance of the law is NEVER an excuse, although a judge can decide on various circumstances and apply the minimum penalty (or maximum). If you bring illegal drugs or firearms to a foreign country, you're an idiot. If it was an honest mistake, you're still an idiot. If he does jail time in Hong Kong, I bet he won't make that mistake again...

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 155