MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Bob Zed: What’s new in MAME 0.256
#396578 - 06/29/23 07:03 PM

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Bob Zed: What’s new in MAME 0.256 new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#396607 - 07/01/23 06:40 PM

Watching the excerpt of Yamaha DD-9 being demonstrated is entertaining and it was a good job too imo.

* off topic *

About those YouTube comments…I guess they don’t understand how that video presentation format works.

Questions about Tail Gunner, or CPS-2 and CPS-3 games in which no updates took place in the version of MAME being demonstrated. Even if Bob had placed a large disclaimer of how the video presentation works and the objective behind the presentations, the commenters probably would ask the same question.

It sort of reminds me in post 2000 years when the redundant questions of Newbie like user questions back then that would appear daily on Gridle’s old MAME.net website. My cousin and myself, first discovering non commercial emulation had the usage figured out within a day. He was trying Astro Blaster while I was amazed playing Frogs and Carnival. Thank goodness Jose Q’s Emuviews website was up and running then. That was the place that got me started and the weekly Rumor Mill updates on Emuviews site were worth reading. I made sure to visit on Thursdays when those were likely to appear that day. Emuviews website was also the site that introduced me to Dexter’s and his Nakashima crews crazy rant filled troll posts before they stated appearing on other sites. Lol. Dexter’s troll posts were damn entertaining imo.

greggie
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/03/23
Send PM

Re: Bob Zed: What’s new in MAME 0.256 new [Re: gregf]
#396625 - 07/03/23 05:45 PM

> It sort of reminds me in post 2000 years when the redundant questions of Newbie like
> user questions back then that would appear daily on Gridle’s old MAME.net website. My
> cousin and myself, first discovering non commercial emulation had the usage figured
> out within a day. He was trying Astro Blaster while I was amazed playing Frogs and
> Carnival. Thank goodness Jose Q’s Emuviews website was up and running then. That was
> the place that got me started and the weekly Rumor Mill updates on Emuviews site were
> worth reading. I made sure to visit on Thursdays when those were likely to appear
> that day. Emuviews website was also the site that introduced me to Dexter’s and his
> Nakashima crews crazy rant filled troll posts before they stated appearing on other
> sites. Lol. Dexter’s troll posts were damn entertaining imo.

Sorry to burst into your dreamy sesh, but nobody kept an interest in Dexter, Newbies, Emuviews and that old mame.net forum. Or at least nobody keeps posting about them.

Let it go. All of these things took place two decades ago. And you still reminiscence and bring them up at least 2-4 times a year. Don't you experience something new in life at least once a year? (outside of MAME's changelog!)

PS: And nobody posts about 1970s TV tropes, or "Have you been served?"

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Bob Zed: What’s new in MAME 0.256 new [Re: greggie]
#396626 - 07/03/23 06:35 PM

> PS: And nobody posts about 1970s TV tropes, or "Have you been served?"

The show is called Are You Being Served? and it’s awesome! But I agree that gregf is the king of non sequiturs.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Fabuloso Fred 2 is here! new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#396629 - 07/04/23 05:52 AM Attachment: Tandy-12 Roulette game.jpg 226 KB (0 downloads)

I appreciate Bob Zed puts photos of the devices. I would not have guessed this one, because these toys sold under different names on different countries.

Before you emulated "Game Robot 9", we know it in Mexico as "Fabuloso Fred" by a national toy company named "Ensueño". However, while the toy looks similar, it's not what I remembered. That's because I remember this:

https://youtu.be/UkGtWruP5AY

It turns out "Fabuloso Fred 2" sold by the same company is this one, Computerized Arcade model 60-2159. I'll give it a try once I update my sets. People complain frequently about you emulating non arcade stuff, I appreciate everyone follows their own way and bring back these little treasures of our childhood. Forgot to mention these were considered toys for rich people, so while we have fond memories about them, not everyone actually owned them.

Thank you.

EDIT: I hope you don't mind, but I casually found two images on an auction site needed for playing this, they are also gone too. The manual can be found linked freely at the Tandy-12 Wikipedia page.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#396630 - 07/04/23 07:04 AM

You created an account to troll greg for his Rainman like recall?

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Fabuloso Fred 2 is here *edit* new [Re: BIOS-D]
#396631 - 07/04/23 07:09 AM

However, while the toy looks similar, it's not what I remembered. That's because I remember this:

https://youtu.be/UkGtWruP5AY

It turns out "Fabuloso Fred 2" sold by the same company is this one, Computerized Arcade model 60-2159. I'll give it a try once I update my sets. People complain frequently about you emulating non arcade stuff, I appreciate everyone follows their own way and bring back these little treasures of our childhood. Forgot to mention these were considered toys for rich people, so while we have fond memories about them, not everyone actually owned them.

Good thing contributors look outside of the coinop box to get items running that very few would have envisioned over ten years earlier.

If able to get one of those Fabuloso Fred 2, if needing to be dump verified, maybe an alternate layout could be arranged in order to consider that regional version be considered emulated / supported. An alternate layout would have to be created for Espanol language assuming that was used with Fabuloso Fred 2 games.

The info of when added in case wanting to reach Sean or hap to provide more info.

Commits on May 29, 2023

New working clones
------------------
Computerized Arcade (COP421 version, model 60-2159A) [hap, Sean Riddle]

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/a5217a691781c7be2531c1830f97dc5de9865f2f

https://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tandy/CompArcade.htm

Edited by gregf (07/04/23 03:51 PM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Bob Zed: What’s new in MAME 0.256 new [Re: Gor]
#396632 - 07/04/23 07:15 AM

> You created an account to troll greg for his Rainman like recall?

Don’t matter, but what does matter is how the freakin hell your Cubbies swept my favorite MLB Pirates team.
And your team doesn’t have likes of Bryant, Rizzo, nor Heyward any longer. Unbelievable. Pirates field manager needs to be fired. I never understood why GM Ben Cherington extended Shelton for another year.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Fabuloso Fred 2 is here! -nt- new [Re: BIOS-D]
#396659 - 07/10/23 10:46 AM Attachment: Tandy-12 Baseball game.jpg 216 KB (0 downloads)

I hope you don't mind, but I casually found two images on an auction site needed for playing this, they are also gone too. The manual can be found linked freely at the Tandy-12 Wikipedia page.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#396661 - 07/11/23 06:28 AM

> Sorry to burst into your dreamy sesh, but nobody kept an interest in Dexter, Newbies,
> Emuviews and that old mame.net forum. Or at least nobody keeps posting about them.
>
> Let it go. All of these things took place two decades ago. And you still reminiscence
> and bring them up at least 2-4 times a year. Don't you experience something new in
> life at least once a year? (outside of MAME's changelog!)
>
> PS: And nobody posts about 1970s TV tropes, or "Have you been served?"

gregf is a big part of what gives this little old place its flavor. Unfortunately so are you.

S

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Bob Zed: What’s new in MAME 0.256 new [Re: Sune]
#396662 - 07/11/23 01:28 PM

> gregf is a big part of what gives this little old place its flavor.

Roc, twisty. and Smit were the bigger part. Good timing with MM2 being supported last year since that allowed Smit to post his opinion about that before he left.

btw: the recent Yamaha DD-9 support is an interesting addition.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
3 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 458