Pages: 1

Chism
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/20/07
Loc: Germany
Send PM

for those who are interested
#395774 - 03/10/23 10:38 AM

0.251 of the popular mameui was compiled a while before.

however only the 32bit Version seems to work (64bit crashes on my pc)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eiNztWEpk0C7CiiZXz0SMDM_eJOmb0FO?usp=sharing

it is not an official port. If I broke accidentally a rule on this board delete this post...

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: for those who are interested new [Re: Chism]
#395775 - 03/10/23 01:45 PM

> If I broke accidentally a rule on this board delete this post...

No rules have been broken. It's an open-source project, so as per the GPL, porting and
experimentation are permitted and encouraged. Sometimes the result works, sometimes not.

Sthiryu
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/09/16
Send PM

Re: for those who are interested new [Re: Chism]
#395777 - 03/10/23 08:30 PM

That 64bit version is compiled by me using GCC 11.2.0.

It works in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10 (Didn't test others). For get one working you'll have to go to mame ash build page and get it:

https://ashura.mameworld.info/

Don't expect any support for MameUi in this place

RETRODANUART.COM

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: for those who are interested new [Re: Robbbert]
#395778 - 03/11/23 02:43 AM

> > If I broke accidentally a rule on this board delete this post...
>
> No rules have been broken. It's an open-source project, so as per the GPL, porting
> and
> experimentation are permitted and encouraged. Sometimes the result works, sometimes
> not.

In this case, 'not' is very much what you're getting.

It's another attempt to bandaid what really just needs rewriting. A barely functional build that can't be trusted, even by the admission of the person posting it.

If somebody really wants to continue this project, it needs doing properly; builds like this just damage MAME's reputation and cause no end of problems for users who expect things to work.

No rules have been broken, but much like projects such as RA, that doesn't mean no damage is being done.

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

Re: for those who are interested new [Re: Haze]
#395779 - 03/11/23 03:46 AM

But people are crying out for a UI version & it just helps beginners learning MAME. When I first started I didn't know which roms ect I needed, the UI version simplifies things imho. I'm pretty sure with your talent you could write a UI version for someone with a bit of knowledge on how to compile & maintain the updates as you wrote UME not to long ago. It would be so appreciated by new people getting into MAME. I only like Arcade games so i look for a build with just that, 1 build is for my Arcade cabinet & the MAME with all systems is for my desktop pc. It's getting harder for newbies trying to get into MAME.

What would you suggest for newbies just getting into MAME as there isn't much choice nowadays ?

John IVModerator
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

Re: for those who are interested new [Re: agard]
#395780 - 03/11/23 04:09 AM

Do you find the baseline UI too difficult? You know, when you double click the mame.exe? You can audit within there too.

If you're inclined, IV/Play can layer onto the baseline .exe and is a simple launcher that provides a similar UI experience to MameUI when I designed it back in 2006.

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

carloszaga
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/30/16
Send PM

Re: for those who are interested new [Re: Sthiryu]
#395781 - 03/11/23 08:38 AM

> That 64bit version is compiled by me using GCC 11.2.0.
>
> It works in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10 (Didn't test others). For get one working
> you'll have to go to mame ash build page and get it:
>
> https://ashura.mameworld.info/
>
> Don't expect any support for MameUi in this place

thank you so much for resurrecting what is mame's best front end, i hope it solves even the performance issues that the original had

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 523 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 511