MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dan@Flyer Fever
Early video game flyer collector
Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: Altamont, NY
Send PM

Flyer Fever 2022-11-12
#395143 - 11/12/22 11:26 PM

Capcom: New Concept (1989-1990) - Capcom [Shows Street Fighter '89, the early game title for Final Fight.]
Espgaluda (2003) Cave Interactive Co., Ltd./AMI
Espgaluda II (2005) Cave Interactive Co., Ltd./AMI
Mahjong Bakuhatsu Junjouden (1991) - Nichibutsu
Mahjong Channel Zoom In (1990) Jaleco
Muchi Muchi Pork! (2007) - Cave Interactive Co., Ltd./AMI [One-sided Flyer]
Street Fighter (1987) - Capcom [8-page flyer]
Super Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge (1994) Capcom [Also known as Super Street Fighter II Turbo]

~ Enjoy

https://www.flyerfever.com

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2022-11-12 new [Re: Dan@Flyer Fever]
#395149 - 11/14/22 08:14 PM

Some really nice flyers & I never knew Final Fight was originally gonna be Street Fighter '89. Thanks for all your work

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#395150 - 11/15/22 06:23 AM Attachment: atari50_ff.png 210 KB (0 downloads)

> Capcom: New Concept (1989-1990) - Capcom [Shows Street Fighter '89, the early game
> title for Final Fight.]
> Espgaluda (2003) Cave Interactive Co., Ltd./AMI
> Espgaluda II (2005) Cave Interactive Co., Ltd./AMI
> Mahjong Bakuhatsu Junjouden (1991) - Nichibutsu
> Mahjong Channel Zoom In (1990) Jaleco
> Muchi Muchi Pork! (2007) - Cave Interactive Co., Ltd./AMI [One-sided Flyer]
> Street Fighter (1987) - Capcom [8-page flyer]
> Super Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge (1994) Capcom [Also known as Super
> Street Fighter II Turbo]
>
> ~ Enjoy
>
> https://www.flyerfever.com
>
> .

Always cool stuff... thank you!!

And congrats on the note below... I was assuming they would have reached out to you for something like that.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Dan@Flyer Fever
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2022-11-12 new [Re: Mr. Do]
#395172 - 11/18/22 11:05 PM

Thanks for sharing that. I completely forgot that I helped Digital Eclipse out last February on one of their projects. Of course it was top secret so I had no idea what it was, but it's obvious now that it was for the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#395209 - 11/27/22 11:54 AM

> I completely forgot that I helped Digital Eclipse out last February on one of their projects. Of course it was top
> secret so I had no idea what it was, but it's obvious now that it was for the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection.

Congrats there regarding that contribution from your side. If customers are aware of your contribution, they might say thanks for that part of the effort. The hours spent searching out there for the various Atari and Kee Games flyers you had been searching for over the past few decades is probably something few would have done as my guess.

btw: Good thing you were not part of Digital Eclipse customer service department in late 1990’s when Digital Eclipse was marketing their Atari and Midways greatest hits products because I was an unhappy camper when it came down to why weren’t any of the 1970’s era non-cpu coinop games not yet supported. The products were good, but being an older generation of arcade scene, it wasn’t the same. It didn’t make sense then, but for me it was learning lesson at that time of why things did not happen then.

Anyway, I would have given you an earful of Archie Bunker style complaints at the time such as “Why no Atari Stunt Cycle?”

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2022-11-12 new [Re: gregf]
#395215 - 11/27/22 08:34 PM

> > I completely forgot that I helped Digital Eclipse out last February on one of their
> projects. Of course it was top
> > secret so I had no idea what it was, but it's obvious now that it was for the Atari
> 50th Anniversary Collection.
>
> Congrats there regarding that contribution from your side. If customers are aware of
> your contribution, they might say thanks for that part of the effort. The hours spent
> searching out there for the various Atari and Kee Games flyers you had been searching
> for over the past few decades is probably something few would have done as my guess.
>
>
> btw: Good thing you were not part of Digital Eclipse customer service department in
> late 1990’s when Digital Eclipse was marketing their Atari and Midways greatest hits
> products because I was an unhappy camper when it came down to why weren’t any of the
> 1970’s era non-cpu coinop games not yet supported. The products were good, but being
> an older generation of arcade scene, it wasn’t the same. It didn’t make sense then,
> but for me it was learning lesson at that time of why things did not happen then.
>
> Anyway, I would have given you an earful of Archie Bunker style complaints at the
> time such as “Why no Atari Stunt Cycle?”

You're alive!!

You'll be happy to hear then, that Breakout is supported in Atari 50... it's not Clean Sweep, but at least there's a non-CPU game there for you now.

(Even though they kind of jacked up the artwork for it).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2022-11-12 new [Re: Mr. Do]
#395217 - 11/28/22 08:31 AM

> You're alive!

Real life stuff kept me busy for past several months including medical stuff that has been keeping
me from being able to comfortably post without left arm and wrist being in pain for past few months.
Continued treatments has helped where I can post without left arm being in agony because one ‘fire-y red’ type
carcinoma boil was doing a number on left arm before the carcinoma was removed recently. Thankfully that was removed even if having a stitch scar remaining. I couldn’t type longer than a couple minutes without boil either bleeding or causing pain along left arm.

> You'll be happy to hear then, that Breakout is supported in Atari 50... it's not Clean Sweep, but at least there's a > non-CPU game there for you now.

Digital Eclipse did release a second or third edition back in early 2000 which included Pong. I bought that also.

> Even though they kind of jacked up the artwork for it)

We’ll show em by getting the Atari Qwak bezel pieces scanned and supported.
Them bezels are awaiting when you have time to meet somewhere so they can be handed for scanning along with other items. Message me when and if free spare time to meet is possible.

Dan@Flyer Fever
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2022-11-12 new [Re: gregf]
#395221 - 11/28/22 02:29 PM

Glad to see you're back Greg. I hope the carcinoma is gone for good.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 399