Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

JaKSLaP
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/22
Send PM

MAMEUI 0245 Most games showing Yellow with Emulation Issues
#394480 - 07/24/22 08:17 AM Attachment: Tekken .JPG 241 KB (0 downloads)

Hey Guys;

I have been using for a long time MAMEUI 0.182 which I am happy with. However I wanted to update to the latest version as 0.182 is now 5 years old.

I downloaded a new version of MAMEUI as-well has the latest merged romeset 0.245. But when I load it up and filter out non working and unavailable a lot of the games are showing up with yellow boxes and messages of emulation video issues.

My copy of 0.182 all games are showing green. I will appreciate if someone can assist or advise. I have attached a screenshot.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

John IVModerator
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

Re: MAMEUI 0245 Most games showing Yellow with Emulation Issues new [Re: JaKSLaP]
#394492 - 07/24/22 07:10 PM

It's been updated to reflect core changes in the new imperfect driver statuses as you can see in the status delta in pictures.

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

JaKSLaP
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/22
Send PM

Re: MAMEUI 0245 Most games showing Yellow with Emulation Issues new [Re: John IV]
#394494 - 07/25/22 04:38 AM

Thanks, is there any way to make them show up as green instead of yellow?

mhoes
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/15
Send PM

Re: MAMEUI 0245 Most games showing Yellow with Emulation Issues new [Re: JaKSLaP]
#394510 - 07/27/22 05:20 PM

> Thanks, is there any way to make them show up as green instead of yellow?

Just assuming here, but: I think not. If I understand correctly, the idea here is that the colors are there to inform you about the state of the drivers. If the emulation is not perfect (yet), then the color will not be green, but yellow or even red (depending on how imperfect the emulation is). Wishing for the emulation of them to be perfect (green) does not make it so. The fact that the same drivers were displayed as 'green' in the previous MAMEUI version does not mean that the emulation/drivers were all perfect in that version; it rather means that in the older MAMEUI version the color did not correspond to the state of the driver, and now it does.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 509