Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

kenmasters
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/28/21
Send PM

Is it possible to change soundfonts from Contra to all games of Nintendo?
#393747 - 04/08/22 09:10 PM

Is it possible to change soundfonts (just music or music + sound effects) from original Contra (US / Asia, set1) to Contra (PlayChoice-10) and all games of Nintendo what does not have these sounds. Sound font bank seems is original and offering better quality of music.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Is it possible to change soundfonts from Contra to all games of Nintendo? new [Re: kenmasters]
#393750 - 04/09/22 03:04 AM

> Is it possible to change soundfonts (just music or music + sound effects) from
> original Contra (US / Asia, set1) to Contra (PlayChoice-10) and all games of Nintendo
> what does not have these sounds. Sound font bank seems is original and offering
> better quality of music.

I have no idea - I don't do game hacks. Someone would have to come up with a solution.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Is it possible to change soundfonts from Contra to all games of Nintendo? new [Re: kenmasters]
#393752 - 04/09/22 08:12 PM

> Is it possible to change soundfonts (just music or music + sound effects) from
> original Contra (US / Asia, set1) to Contra (PlayChoice-10) and all games of Nintendo
> what does not have these sounds. Sound font bank seems is original and offering
> better quality of music.

What leads you to believe that any of these 1980's-era games use Soundfonts? Do you actually understand the questions you're asking?

Rotwang
Life is too short to be little...
Reged: 03/21/17
Send PM

No. (nt) new [Re: kenmasters]
#393755 - 04/10/22 10:23 PM

kenmasters
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/28/21
Send PM

Re: Is it possible to change soundfonts from Contra to all games of Nintendo? new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#393800 - 04/17/22 09:17 PM

Yes. I know that (that are all sound samples in memory roms(s) usually synth musical instruments + sound voices). When I writing about soundfont bank, of course I mean musical instruments.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert 
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 366