Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

kenmasters
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/28/21
Send PM

Can someone add Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 ?
#393214 - 02/04/22 12:49 PM

Can someone add Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 to HBMAME or ARCADE?

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/28/04
Send PM

Re: Can someone add Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 ? new [Re: kenmasters]
#395003 - 10/22/22 03:38 AM Attachment: CandD2.jpg 334 KB (0 downloads)

I see this is an old post that nobody has responded too.... One would hope hat in the 8 months since you posted it you found your answer, but if not, I will point you in the right direction. First of all, the game you mentioned in NOT, I repeat NOT an arcade game. HBase and Arcade do exactly that ARCADE games. The game you mention is an NES (Nintendo Entertainment System or Famicom in Japan) game.

MAME or MameUI DOES support the NES and Famicom. However, that being said, in the current version in the Software List for NES, that game is currently not in there. I went through my archives dug out the rom, tried it in the current version of MAMEUI and it works fine as can been seen in the screenshot below.

All you have to do is find the NES rom.... If you do not know how to do that, you need a new hobby.... Google is your friend, and that is all I am going to say about that.

Open up MameUI and click on Nintendo Entertainment System. Go under VIEW at the top, and make sure "Software Area" is checked. You should then have four sections left to right on your screen. First section is your folder list. Second is where you picked NES or Famicom. Third is the software area. At the top of this section you have three tabs. We want to click the SECOND one that is labeled "media view" Right below it, it ask what cartridge you want to use. Click on the three dots, click on "mount file", point to where you have your cartridge that you just downloaded. It will list it on the screen. Press on the name, and hit your Enter key, and it loads in.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/28/04
Send PM

Re: Can someone add Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 ? new [Re: kenmasters]
#395004 - 10/22/22 03:48 AM Attachment: NES.jpg 705 KB (0 downloads)

Your screen should look something like this...... Notice that the 'Media View' tab is selected....

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

kenmasters
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/28/21
Send PM

Re: Can someone add Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 ? new [Re: sirscotty]
#395654 - 02/09/23 06:35 PM

Good to see this!! Thx for info.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 594