Pages: 1

Moochieone
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/25/19
Loc: Virginia
Send PM

MiSTer
#392738 - 12/04/21 04:48 AM

Please forgive my ignorance here, but I've been seeing a lot of "trending" stuff recently on the MiSTer FPGA systems. I have not dug into the development scene yet, but am curious to know if MAME documentation is actually a contributor of the core programming of the FPGA.
I haven't seen much talk on these forums, so just curious at how the projects intersect, if there even is an intersection.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: MiSTer new [Re: Moochieone]
#392739 - 12/04/21 07:28 AM

> Please forgive my ignorance here, but I've been seeing a lot of "trending" stuff
> recently on the MiSTer FPGA systems. I have not dug into the development scene yet,
> but am curious to know if MAME documentation is actually a contributor of the core
> programming of the FPGA.
> I haven't seen much talk on these forums, so just curious at how the projects
> intersect, if there even is an intersection.

The only intersection of the project is in the opposite direction than you might think.

The information in MAME is generally not low-level enough to have practical use when it comes to the development of an FPGA core in Verilog. However, a coder who is capable of reading a low-level HDL like verilog is in a good position to be able to use the information contained in certain arcade-related MiSTer cores to improve emulation in MAME.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 390 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 396