Pages: 1

vasquez109
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/17/21
Send PM

Help to a newcomer please
#392623 - 11/17/21 11:53 PM

Hi everyone.

I went upstairs into my attic a few days ago, after a discussion with a childhood friend to get my 1292 Advanced Programmable Video System. We used to play the Olympics game on it repeatedly, and we have a slight disagreement about one of the screens on it.

I went to get it after nearly 30 years and now it doesnt even switch on. I think maybe the cold and/or damp has got to it. Luckily though, after some googling Ive discovered that this system is on MAMEUI.

I know that roms and that are illegal if you dont legally own a copy of the game, but im sat here with cartridge (virtually useless now) in my hand.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? Trawled google for hours. Was going to try and contact them for help but Radofin Electronics Ltd. went into liquidation in 1991.

Any help greatly appreciated.

David.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: Help to a newcomer please new [Re: vasquez109]
#392624 - 11/18/21 03:35 AM

Downloading ROMS is illegal regardless of weather you own the game or not. You are legally allowed to make backups of your games, but you can't just legally download them off the internet. So, if you want to download any ROMS, you're on your own. No one can provide you help with where to go

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

1292avps is what you are searching for new [Re: vasquez109]
#392625 - 11/18/21 05:53 AM

Bummer that the original hardware isn’t working any longer.

The item described is part of the vc4000.cpp source file with other clone products of vc4000 system.

MAME Italia website is an ideal site to begin search of what specific files, not including MAME itself, are needed.
There are plenty of online tutorial sites to get simple items up and running while console usage in MAME might
require more effort.

As for being able to repair that item, I doubt it will be possible since many of the components might not be possible to find these days.

vasquez109
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/17/21
Send PM

Re: 1292avps is what you are searching for new [Re: gregf]
#392631 - 11/19/21 12:06 AM

If I can get hold of a replacement machine. How easy would it be to convert my cartridges to ROM files?

Not sure what extra hardware I'd need or if its actually possible.

Thanks.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 376 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 433