kirby
Apple MacBook Pro M1 & Nintendo addict
Reged: 11/03/21
Loc: Spain
Send PM

cheat.7z wrong file
#392448 - 11/05/21 06:35 PM

Hi

I'm slowly learning some Python programming on my brand new Apple MacBook Pro M1 MAX!
This seems to be not very hard and with very little code, you can do many things.

I decided to verify some of your files using python by comparing to the mame -listxml file.

I extracted cheat.7z and found a small list of cheat files that are not in latest mame anymore by comparing them to -listxml. I think they can be deleted because those roms don't exist anymore.

Here are the file names I found:

asukaja
bucanera
cityatta
cosmica22
cosmica23
cosmica2a
floritas
floritasm
guttangts3
komemokos
meteora
pacmanblci
pengo6
sfz2alr1
spacfurybl
winspikea

So what I did is compare the file name of each XML file to -listxml. If the romset was not found, I printed out the XML file name that was not found, generating this list above.

Valentina

Edited by kirby (11/05/21 06:41 PM)

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: kirby]
#392449 - 11/05/21 06:38 PM

I'm planning to verify many more things in your collection by using Python and -listxml :-)

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#392456 - 11/05/21 09:16 PM

Report it in Pugsy’s cheat forum – MAMEdev aren’t responsible for the cheat file. Not sure how quickly you’ll get a response.

Osso1
Reged: 10/17/04
Send PM

#392464 - 11/06/21 08:11 AM

Hi,
the games on the list were all added / renamed recently. What version of MAME and of the cheat file are you using?

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: Osso1]
#392489 - 11/09/21 06:54 PM

MAME 0.237 and cheat.7z made by progettosnaps

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#392490 - 11/09/21 06:55 PM

it's the cheat.7z made by progettosnaps...

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

#392494 - 11/09/21 10:21 PM

Quote:

asukaja
bucanera
cityatta
cosmica22
cosmica23
cosmica2a
floritas
floritasm
guttangts3
komemokos
meteora
pacmanblci
pengo6
sfz2alr1
spacfurybl
winspikea

So what I did is compare the file name of each XML file to -listxml. If the romset was not found, I printed out the XML file name that was not found, generating this list above.

The games you listed are ALL present in the current MAME:

Code:

asukaja "Asuka & Asuka (Japan)" > 0.115u4
cosmica2a "Cosmic Alien (early version II?)" > 0.36rc2
floritas "Floritas (Moon Cresta bootleg)" > 0.117u1
cosmica22 "Cosmic Alien (version II, set 2)" > 0.216
bucanera "Buccaneer (set 2)" > 0.237
cityatta "City Attack (Petaco S.A., bootleg of Pleiads)" > 0.237
cosmica23 "Cosmic Alien (version II, set 3)" > 0.237
floritasm "Floritas (Multivideo Spanish Moon Cresta bootleg)" > 0.237
guttangts3 "Guttang Gottong (Sede 3 bootleg on Galaxian hardware)" > 0.237
komemokos "Komemokos ('Pac-Man (Cirsa, Spanish bootleg)' hack)" > 0.237
meteora "Meteor (Alca bootleg of Moon Cresta)" > 0.237
pacmanblci "Pac-Man (Cirsa, Spanish bootleg on Galaxian hardware)" > 0.237
pengo6 "Pengo (set 6, encrypted)" > 0.237
sfz2alr1 "Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha (Asia 960805)" > 0.237
spacfurybl "Advisor (Italian bootleg of Space Fury)" > 0.237
winspikea "Winning Spike (ver AAA)" > 0.237

I don't know where you found the xml, but as you can see you are wrong.

Regardless of all this, which is really unimportant, it is your "modus operandi" that makes me suspicious: you say you have recently discovered MAME and then you go through my files (obviously only mine, not those of the hundreds of other sites on the subject!), with 20 posts on your first day of registration here on MAME-World, all either with requests or with alleged errors you found.
You remind me a lot of another user (and great stalker) banned numerous times in recent times.

I hope I'm wrong about you, so I ask you just not to be too insistent and above all to make appropriate requests if you want answers.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#392495 - 11/09/21 11:10 PM

> MAME 0.237 and cheat.7z made by progettosnaps

Just to be clear and in case you missed it - the reason I moved the talk about cheat.7z from the progettosnaps forums in the first place.. just because you downloaded a package from a website does not mean that website "made" it or is responsible for its updating or content.

The cheat package is created and maintained from a specific place. As detailed in my original moving message, you can attempt to get support there.
http://cheat.retrogames.com/
http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/

While you haven't as yet been overly abusive here, you are quite insistent and repetitive in your communications. Please be sure to read the RULES and be mindful of them before posting or going overboard.

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: Tafoid]
#392501 - 11/10/21 12:25 AM

My apologies, I didn't update MAME to the latest version which gave me and old XML file.

In either way, I don't like your tone. You are accusing me here publicly of things I never did and I have not crossed one rule here on the forum. I have no idea who you think I am but I am a MAME beginner, live in Spain and try to get help here. Your hostile answers don't make that easy...
I can post errors here, no matter if they are correct or not. That's WHY I am a beginner and I should learn...
I just forgot to update my MAME.

But things that are really wrong and are a mismatch with 2 Mac OS X MAME frontends (the CHD/parent/sample counts I posted here) are unread and unanswered by you...

That makes me suspicious too, meaning you only respond to wrong requests, but all others are ignored. As a moderator on a forum, you should be kind to people and that's not what I am experiencing here...

So thanks a lot for giving me a first very bad impression of 'MAMEWorld'...

Valentina

TafoidAdministrator
Send PM

#392504 - 11/10/21 12:57 AM

> My apologies, I didn't update MAME to the latest version which gave me and old XML
> file.
>
> In either way, I don't like your tone. You are accusing me here publicly of things I
> never did and I have not crossed one rule here on the forum. I have no idea who you
> think I am but I am a MAME beginner, live in Spain and try to get help here. Your
> hostile answers don't make that easy...
> I can post errors here, no matter if they are correct or not. That's WHY I am a
> beginner and I should learn...
> I just forgot to update my MAME.
>
> But things that are really wrong and are a mismatch with 2 Mac OS X MAME frontends
> (the CHD/parent/sample counts I posted here) are unread and unanswered by you...
>
> That makes me suspicious too, meaning you only respond to wrong requests, but all
> others are ignored. As a moderator on a forum, you should be kind to people and
> that's not what I am experiencing here...
>
> So thanks a lot for giving me a first very bad impression of 'MAMEWorld'...
>
> Valentina

That is on you if you felt you were being accused of anything or in my communication/reply here that you feel I was hostile. I am simply moderating and attempting to keep the peace. Your behaviour so far as been noted to share similar patterns to another person who has constantly made new accounts and has harassed people on this forum and other sites. I wanted to make it clear that such deception would not be tolerated and, if you are indeed not that person, you should have no reason to be incensed over it.

Carry on.

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: Tafoid]
#392515 - 11/10/21 04:00 AM

I apologise for "looking like another bad user" but that's all I can say about this unfortunately. I'm new here.

I only look for help here...

To Tafoid: I was talking about the hostile answer(s) of antopisa, not about you.

Valentina

Edited by kirby (11/10/21 04:03 AM)

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#392516 - 11/10/21 04:10 AM

Why is antopisa "stealing" cheats made by other people, merging them and then putting it online on his website as his own "work"?

The same question for all the images, samples and other numerous things he just snatches from other websites and pretends it's his work?

I don't understand the original creators who did many hours of work to create the cheats, the images, etc don'tcomplain and let antopisa just continue to do this.

His most recent "work" is the cheat.7z he just downloaded from 2 websites and shameless merged... In the log file he calls this HIS first release while I hear user vas crabb here say the cheats are not from progetosnaps at all...

Am i the only person feeling bad about this? :-S
And why is this tolerated here?

Valentina

Edited by kirby (11/10/21 04:13 AM)

Sthiryu
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/09/16
Send PM

#392518 - 11/10/21 04:34 AM

> Why is antopisa "stealing" cheats made by other people, merging them and then putting
> it online on his website as his own "work"?
>
> The same question for all the images, samples and other numerous things he just
> snatches from other websites and pretends it's his work?
>
> I don't understand the original creators who did many hours of work to create the
> cheats, the images, etc don'tcomplain and let antopisa just continue to do this.
>
> His most recent "work" is the cheat.7z he just downloaded from 2 websites and
> shameless merged... In the log file he calls this HIS first release while I hear user
> vas crabb here say the cheats are not from progetosnaps at all...
>
> Am i the only person feeling bad about this? :-S
> And why is this tolerated here?
>
> Valentina

Some stuff at Antopisa web is provided by external contributors, like my 32bit mame executables. He is not stealing nothing and he is very kind of hosting them in his site, giving them more access to other people, so stop harashing him.

Fortunately not all spanish people are like you, but anyway we won't spend more time attending your demands.

If you are not happy with your mame, ask for your money back.

RETRODANUART.COM

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: Sthiryu]
#392519 - 11/10/21 04:45 AM

It really makes no sense what you say.
Cheat.7z has a website DEDICATED to this file, with a forum...
The official website is always better then some rip-off website like progetosnaps

I will not pay any attention to you anymore and ignore your answers...

And what?!? 32 bit mame?
Do you know it's 2021 and there don't exist any 32 operating systems anymore?
All cpus are 64 bit too so it's useless what you are doing.
A 32 cpu is not powerfull anyway to run more demanding mame games

Please crawl back under your rock, troll...

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: Sthiryu]
#392520 - 11/10/21 04:47 AM

If you want to make yourself usefull, compile an android or iOS version of mame. For android there is only the retroarch build which is not always up to date.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#392524 - 11/10/21 05:30 AM

> If you want to make yourself usefull

You're in no position to be telling others what to do to "make [themselves] useful", that's for sure.

kirby
Send PM

Re: cheat.7z wrong file new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#392526 - 11/10/21 05:37 AM

Yes, I apologize for this...

NaokiS
DSEM2 Fan
Reged: 08/24/21
Send PM

#392539 - 11/10/21 12:00 PM

> Yes, I apologize for this...

I don't think you mean that. To me it is common sense to:

• Not be demanding. The work of MAME devs and all related is done in people's free time, for no profit. It's a hobby. To demand and pester is akin to treating those who give with absolutely no respect.
  • Not be insulting. Come on, it's just decent nature. What, MAME devs and all the people who help in this community are worthless if they don't pander to using apple devices? You're clearly in love with Apple but not everyone else is and more to the point not everyone can or wants to dev for them.

Think of your words before you speak. As the traditional rule goes, don't be a dick.

Keatah
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/23/12
Send PM

a question new [Re: NaokiS]
#392595 - 11/11/21 09:20 PM

Let me stick my head in here with a noobish question or two.

Does Pugsy's Cheats site host the latest and greatest MAME cheatfile? Is .221 the latest "official" version?

It's been a while since I updated because all the games I wanted cheats for have been included in .221 and prior versions.

TafoidAdministrator
Send PM

Re: a question new [Re: Keatah]
#392596 - 11/11/21 10:52 PM

> Let me stick my head in here with a noobish question or two.
>
> Does Pugsy's Cheats site host the latest and greatest MAME cheatfile? Is .221 the
> latest "official" version?
>
> It's been a while since I updated because all the games I wanted cheats for have been
> included in .221 and prior versions.

The latest and greatest cheat package is based on the game list in MAME 0.221, yes. That means set renames or memory changes to the project since that time to some machines may have rendered the cheat inoperable until either cheat files are renamed or refactored to account for new memory access labels or structure. These errors in my testing account for barely 1/2 of 1% of the total machines supported in the package.

Could it be updated? Sure. Ambitious persons could fix them if properly motivated and had time. Very few people are willing or able to do that, however.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: a question new [Re: Tafoid]
#392600 - 11/12/21 03:22 AM

> > Let me stick my head in here with a noobish question or two.
> >
> > Does Pugsy's Cheats site host the latest and greatest MAME cheatfile? Is .221 the
> > latest "official" version?
> >
> > It's been a while since I updated because all the games I wanted cheats for have
> been
> > included in .221 and prior versions.
>
>
> The latest and greatest cheat package is based on the game list in MAME 0.221, yes.
> That means set renames or memory changes to the project since that time to some
> machines may have rendered the cheat inoperable until either cheat files are renamed
> or refactored to account for new memory access labels or structure. These errors in
> my testing account for barely 1/2 of 1% of the total machines supported in the
> package.
>
> Could it be updated? Sure. Ambitious persons could fix them if properly motivated and
> had time. Very few people are willing or able to do that, however.

As for alternatives, we only know of one.

If you just want to use Wayder's cheats, he maintains a separate cheat pack. and just updated it to MAME 0.235 recently (September 1st):
http://nekoziman.s601.xrea.com/cheat/
He'll usually tweet about it when he releases a new version: https://twitter.com/nekoziman

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 638