MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Metroid Dread is hard
#392306 - 10/27/21 02:12 PM

For me, anyway. Must have died 60 times. Remembering old tricks from the earlier games, I ended up in a situation where I somehow glitched a door and got soft-locked (or so I thought... having finished the game now, I found a way to continue, but not without starting over from scratch to get through the whole game first). That door just wouldn't open, and it was just a regular door.

Anyway, it's also completely badass. If you're a fan of any Metroid game, you're insane to not have this game already.

Sure, there are some insane speed runners on YouTube that blast through the game in less than an hour and a half, but it took me a bit over 7 hours to complete on my second run, having gotten stuck 8 hours into my first. The completed run only had %45 of the items. Dunno if I'll 100% it, because there are a few that are tricky as hell. There is really some fancy stuff to be done with "shine sparking", as you can even do it while in a morph ball.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: Metroid Dread is hard new [Re: URherenow]
#392327 - 10/29/21 12:46 AM Attachment: E842F12D-C89A-41E9-83B6-3FCACFD7D6DB.jpeg 1060 KB (0 downloads)

loved it. the emmi's were annoying at times.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

i learned everything i know from KC

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Metroid Dread is hard new [Re: jopezu]
#392328 - 10/29/21 08:10 AM

only one that gave me *real* (as in... multiple deaths) trouble was yellow. That sucker was too fast, and my manual aiming kind of sucks... which is also why I run into trouble when trying to use storm missiles against a boss.

URherenow
Send PM

Soft-locked door issue figured out new [Re: URherenow]
#392365 - 10/31/21 01:26 PM

Having finished the game with a new save, and going back to the one I was stuck on and easily figuring out how to get out of the area (took a shine spark trick to get out), I embarked on the mission of finding 100% of the items. During which, I have discovered why I couldn't open that door... and it wasn't a glitch. I had somehow bypassed the what was supposed to be the first Chozo Warrior fight, entirely! Having gone the path I was supposed to follow in the beginning, it was an easy kill, and the door works like it should now.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 363