Pages: 1

Eldio
Resident Evil
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: England
Send PM

Hello there...
#391905 - 09/26/21 10:34 AM

Eldio here, registered as number 7 on these forums 18 years ago. I recognise some faces Anyhoo, I spent a month in Addenbrookes hospital in May after a serious head injury. I only remember the last two days there, freaking out and escaping the ward. The staff sent the police to find me and I was sitting at home with my missus, eating takeaway and drinking vodka. Maybe smoking something green. I now have stupid medication, a physio, a therapist, fifty doctors and a CID police investigation into the person who attacked me.

Glad to say that the last few days I have got my MAME collection back up to scratch and enjoying every god damn game I used to pay in the arcades as a kid (and adult).

It's great to be back and I hope you are all well.

What's the plan Domino Man?

LDO (Mr Lee).

SecretAgentMan
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

Re: Hello there... new [Re: Eldio]
#391906 - 09/26/21 12:49 PM

> Eldio here, registered as number 7 on these forums 18 years ago. I recognise some
> faces Anyhoo, I spent a month in Addenbrookes hospital in May after a serious head
> injury. I only remember the last two days there, freaking out and escaping the ward.
> The staff sent the police to find me and I was sitting at home with my missus, eating
> takeaway and drinking vodka. Maybe smoking something green. I now have stupid
> medication, a physio, a therapist, fifty doctors and a CID police investigation into
> the person who attacked me.
>
> Glad to say that the last few days I have got my MAME collection back up to scratch
> and enjoying every god damn game I used to pay in the arcades as a kid (and adult).
>
> It's great to be back and I hope you are all well.
>
> What's the plan Domino Man?
>
> LDO (Mr Lee).

Damn, I really hope things get better soon and they catch the person who attacked you.

"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!"

Jack Buck

Eldio
Resident Evil
Loc: England
Send PM

Re: Hello there... new [Re: SecretAgentMan]
#391909 - 09/26/21 05:54 PM

> Damn, I really hope things get better soon and they catch the person who attacked
> you.

Hello SAM,

Yes, CID know exactly who it is. He also attacked a 65 year old who is also giving a statement and also going to court. The attacker is going to prison. The problem I have is that this head injury has changed my personality and physical abilities, I think I am 13 years old again but I'm not, I'm 42 in October. I will get fit and healthy again and will enjoy the large amount of compensation for life changing bollocks.

Apart from that, all is well.

LDO

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#391977 - 09/30/21 05:18 AM

> I recognise some faces

Smitty became user #1 (in some manner of speaking) and sold MAMEWorld off to a cabinet builder to help pay for its hosting a while back.... Survival is a bitch...

and he also made me and Tafoid from MAMEDev global forum admins for some reason that made sense to him at the time.

And as Internet forum traffic decreases worldwide as users move onwards to social media, reddit, Discord, etc., forum traffic continues to drop here in general too.

Otherwise not much has changed, and the MAME world still spins 'round.

(Although, MAME also merged with MESS some years back too, so it ain't just about arcades any more, but everything else as well.)

> Anyhoo, I spent a month in Addenbrookes hospital in May after a serious head
> injury. I only remember the last two days there, freaking out and escaping the ward.
> The staff sent the police to find me and I was sitting at home with my missus, eating
> takeaway and drinking vodka. Maybe smoking something green. I now have stupid
> medication, a physio, a therapist, fifty doctors and a CID police investigation into
> the person who attacked me.

Sorry to hear about your retrograde amnesia brought on by some sort of physical attack. That really sucks. I hope they catch the guy who attacked you, and I hope that your memories eventually return somehow as you heal.

> It's great to be back and I hope you are all well.

As well as I can be in the pandemic? post-pandemic? world. Though I lost my main gig in 2020 and did not adapt quickly to the quickly changing I.T. scene.

- Stiletto

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#391992 - 10/01/21 08:44 AM

Bummer there about some of the real life ongoing events. My dad and I traveled by auto, in June, to attend memorial service for my sister’s husband. Sam had the same medical issue that entertainer Robin Williams was suffering from, but Williams ended himself early while Sam’s condition was nearing the end, but I believe
things ended just as quick for Sam because of COVID outbreak at the care facility.

The memorial service had a fair attendance for Sam since he was a popular church member. Sam was the ideal
spouse that my sister finally found in marriage number three, but circumstances shortened the relationship
to last about 15 years.

As for emulation fun/fluff, as already mentioned, MAME is now a name itself rather than being an acronym.
A lot of non coinop items now supported including my favorite handheld systems Microvision games and
Mattel Electronics led 1970s era games.

Lots more to look over besides the coinop games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 642