Frontend Tech + >> Emu Loader
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

paultup
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/08/04
Send PM

Passing in command line verbs/switches to MAME with EmuLoader
#391140 - 06/25/21 01:23 AM

I have looked through the archives and really haven't found an answer for what I'm looking to do...

I would like to be able to start the ti99_4a computer in MAME but passing in the arguments to "attach" the speech synthesizer. From the command line, this is what is done:

mame.exe ti99_4a -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot3 speech -cart

It does not appear that EmuLoader allows you to do this - or does it? Is there a way to set up parameters on a per-ROM basis somewhere in an .ini file that I don't know about? The .cfg file for the machine gets wiped out when you run it each time with new parameters...

Could I set up an "alternate" version of MAME (running the same executable) that includes the parameters in the command string and run it that way?

- Paul Tupaczewski

CiroConsentinoModerator
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: Passing in command line verbs/switches to MAME with EmuLoader new [Re: paultup]
#391141 - 06/25/21 02:06 AM

hi,
Emu Loader doesn't have this feature, no.

You can use a second MAME binary in "Arcade Emulators Setup", but instead of a .exe you could use a .bat file with the extra parameters. But those parameters would be used for all games.

Are you sure you can't use the gamename.ini (game custom settings file) to attach the extra cart ?
Try asking this at EmuChat forum.

Emu Loader doesn't support complex command lines, it's basically to play games.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

paultup
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/08/04
Send PM

Re: Passing in command line verbs/switches to MAME with EmuLoader new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#391143 - 06/25/21 03:48 PM

Ciro, that's what I suspected. So I did set up a batch file that I set up that contains the following line:

mame.exe %1 -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot3 speech %2 %3

And I set this up as an "AlterMAME" instance that I use to run the TI games - and it works perfectly - thanks!

- Paul

CiroConsentinoModerator
Frontend freak!
Send PM

new idea: Passing in command line verbs/switches to MAME with EmuLoader new [Re: paultup]
#391547 - 08/04/21 08:53 PM

Instead of re-adding custom command line, which would require a complete rewrite, how about a "Custom Parameters" feature.
I assume you are trying to run a game from the "t99_cart.xml" software list with the speech module attached.

Following your example, we could create a general "custom parameter" for the "t99_cart.xml" software list or a custom parameter for a certain gamename of the "99_cart.xml" softlist.
The machine name should not be set in this custom parameter. You can already run a softlist game by selecting the machine name you want, if that software list is supported by multiple machines.

for a game name in t99_cart softlist:
(\el-dir\arcade\mame\custom_params\t99_cart\gamename.txt) and its contents would be

Code:

[[b]-ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot3 speech -cart1 < gamename>

Where < gamename> would be fixed and mandatory tag that Emu Loader would replace by the game name (softlist or arcade set name).
By using this tag, you could even add more custom parameters AFTER the gamename...

Note that Emu Loader already adds the "media parameter" before the game name (-cart1; -flop1; -cass; etc...), but with the custom parameter feature, EL would ignore this media parameter and not add it before the gamename, leaving that media param to be manually set in custom parameter feature.

the general custom parameter for the "t99_cart" software list would be:
(\el-dir\arcade\mame\custom_params\t99_cart.txt)

So, if EL finds "\t99_cart\gamename.txt" file, that would be used for the selected softlist game.
If that doesn't exist but "t99_cart.txt" is found (softwarelist name), then that would be used.

There will be no .bat files support. I prefer MAME be executed natively as Windows application.

Any thoughts/ideas, anyone ?

Edited by CiroConsentino (08/06/21 04:36 PM)

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino

CiroConsentinoModerator
Frontend freak!
Send PM

Preview 1 new [Re: paultup]
#391568 - 08/07/21 03:36 AM Attachment: el-custom-param-preview1-design-mode.png 40 KB (0 downloads)

If the usage parameters are wrong, please correct me.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Emu Loader
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  CiroConsentino 
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 709