Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

IAMNOTRANA
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/05/21
Send PM

[0.232] Slider setting (Overclock CPU) no longer saves after 0.228 build?
#390977 - 05/29/21 01:22 AM

Is this a bug? I made an upgrade from 0.228 to 0.232 and it seems like it no longer save Overclock CPU setting in .cfg files, in fact it strip those setting on next run.

I tried other build as well but it seems like this is either a bug or a removed feature after 0.228 build.

Its going to be literal pain to play metal slug every time you boot the game. (these games are known for massive slowdown and mame even mimic hardware slowdown issue)

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: [0.232] Slider setting (Overclock CPU) no longer saves after 0.228 build? new [Re: IAMNOTRANA]
#390978 - 05/29/21 04:03 AM

> Is this a bug? I made an upgrade from 0.228 to 0.232 and it seems like it no longer
> save Overclock CPU setting in .cfg files, in fact it strip those setting on next run.
>
>
> I tried other build as well but it seems like this is either a bug or a removed
> feature after 0.228 build.
>
> Its going to be literal pain to play metal slug every time you boot the game. (these
> games are known for massive slowdown and mame even mimic hardware slowdown issue)

A certain dev decided to refactor the way sliders work, and as a result the save feature became incompatible and had to be removed.

IAMNOTRANA
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/05/21
Send PM

Re: [0.232] Slider setting (Overclock CPU) no longer saves after 0.228 build? new [Re: Robbbert]
#390989 - 05/30/21 03:46 AM

Oh well that's sad.
Regardless, thank you for clarifying. I suppose I'll stick to old build till I found a workaround.

LensLarque
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/19/08
Send PM

Re: [0.232] Slider setting (Overclock CPU) no longer saves after 0.228 build? new [Re: IAMNOTRANA]
#392094 - 10/09/21 06:06 PM

Seen your posts around; you've circled around what you were looking for instead of going straight for it.

You weren't going to achieve anything with 0.183, today Groovy's specifics are fully featured and all controlled from UI, don't bother with old versions they're a waste of time.

It's like MAME: always get the latest version, it's better than all the previous.

Check you PM's for more info.

> MAME isn't about playing the games anyway.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1154