MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Stu Parker
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/12/12
Send PM

Wrestlefest On Mame 0.231
#390880 - 05/16/21 07:23 PM

So weird issue. Wrestlefest will not play on the official MAME 0.231 as I am getting the error message that it's missing some required files which are:

31e13-0.ic19
31e14-0.ic18
31e12-0.ic33

It plays fine in MAME?UI 0.231

I am also having issues with some of the cheats files getting to work on MAMEUI since it seems to run on there....

Any assistance is appreciated

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Wrestlefest On Mame 0.231 new [Re: Stu Parker]
#390881 - 05/16/21 10:31 PM

> So weird issue. Wrestlefest will not play on the official MAME 0.231 as I am getting
> the error message that it's missing some required files which are:
>
> 31e13-0.ic19
> 31e14-0.ic18
> 31e12-0.ic33
>
> It plays fine in MAME?UI 0.231
>
> I am also having issues with some of the cheats files getting to work on MAMEUI since
> it seems to run on there....
>
> Any assistance is appreciated

https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/aboutromsets.html
https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/commonissues.html#old-sets
https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/commonissues.html#missing-roms

Also, as dumb as this sounds, make sure you've set Mame to the folder(s) that have the rom zipfile in question, if you haven't already.

It's usually simple things like that.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Wrestlefest On Mame 0.231 new [Re: Stu Parker]
#390883 - 05/16/21 11:34 PM

> So weird issue. Wrestlefest will not play on the official MAME 0.231 as I am getting
> the error message that it's missing some required files which are:
>
> 31e13-0.ic19
> 31e14-0.ic18
> 31e12-0.ic33
>
> It plays fine in MAME?UI 0.231
>
> I am also having issues with some of the cheats files getting to work on MAMEUI since
> it seems to run on there....
>
> Any assistance is appreciated

MAMEUI, if I recall correctly, silently allows loading of romsets which may have a different CRC hashes or even different labels if you construct your roms so that everything is located in the parent romset (wwfwfest.zip in this case). MAME's official release version demands a 100% match of label, size and hashes if launched through the UI or else it will tell you what you need to fix.

Checking history on that particular title, it seems in MAME 0.180 there was a reorganization which is likely the cause of the confusion.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Wrestlefest On Mame 0.231 new [Re: Tafoid]
#390896 - 05/18/21 03:15 AM

> MAMEUI, if I recall correctly, silently allows loading of romsets which may have a
> different CRC hashes or even different labels.

Wrong - you'll get a popup message with the checksum errors. Clicking OK to this will let you play the game. It's similar to running MAME from the command line.

However there's nothing wrong with different filenames, as long as the hashes match. This is the same as MAME.

Cheats work in MAMEUI, in exactly the same way as in MAME.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 599