MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

bmd2k1
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/13/20
Send PM

Cheats persistance for a game...
#389017 - 12/15/20 06:24 PM

is there a way within MAME .220 to Save a set cheat option for the game so that when ya get out of the game and go back in it is still set? (Currently each time I start the game the Cheat is set back to off.)

thanks...
Brian

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Cheats persistance for a game... new [Re: bmd2k1]
#389018 - 12/15/20 07:09 PM

> is there a way within MAME .220 to Save a set cheat option for the game so that when
> ya get out of the game and go back in it is still set? (Currently each time I start
> the game the Cheat is set back to off.)
>
> thanks...
> Brian

I think the closest you can do, using the cheat engine plug-in , is to bind all the cheats you want to a keypress or series of keypresses and use that to activate multiple cheats when a machine is loaded.

pacmame729
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/03/05
Send PM

Re: Cheats persistance for a game... new [Re: bmd2k1]
#389027 - 12/16/20 05:10 PM

I had done some searching when I had the same idea as well, no luck on anything that was already out there.

I downloaded a copy of the MAME source and started to poke around in with the idea that 1) when a cheat was activated it would save that information to a file, e.g. puckman.csv (for cheat save), and 2) when the game was relaunched, apply the cheats that were saved in the cheat save file (if found) and continue.

Maybe it's easy for others, but I had a hard time getting all the pieces to work together. I am still learning the language, code, etc. and may have better luck in the future.

Re-applying them manually isn't a problem, it was just quicker/easier when the wife launched Burger Time w/unlimited pepper already set for her !

If someone was interested and had some spare time, it would great if they could post the changes that would be needed to make something like this work. Heck, maybe it could be something officially added !

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 345 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 282