View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

super
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/03/04
Send PM

TX-1 V8 WIP?
#388846 - 11/30/20 05:03 AM

Just wondering if there has been any further WIP news with TX-1 V8 emulation side of things on MAME even that I know it's up to Phil Bennett and if you're reading this MooglyGuy yes you, please be nice without been mean to me as I'm scared of you cause I'm only curious as I have been waited since Wednesday March 11th 2020 to play that massive super ultra mega rare impossible hard to find arcade game that only got released in Japan as far as we know, even though I don't know how rare it is only a guess which I hope I'm surely right. Since then I've been checking MAME at GitHub and Phil Bennett's Twitter to see if there's any news. I tell you nobody and I mean nobody has ever heard of that TX-1 sequel outside Japan unless they visit for there vacation or there staying between like 1984-1999. Well according to the Wikipedia the sequel was licensed to Namco; however this game was not licensed by Atari and was extremely rare in North America but can anyone confirm or prove that it really is true or false?

Phil Bennett told me that it will likely be added to MAME 0.221 but it didn't, later on he said it will be ready when it's ready as to when that will be he cannot say and he has other more important stuff to concentrate on at the moment. He has no paperwork for TX-1 V8 (unless anyone in Japan or even overseas has the manual/schematics for that game and it will be a great help for him if someone donates those prints to him which I don't have, or even upload them here on a .pdf file).

Also he told me that TX-1 and Buggy Boy has incorrect sprite scaling issues, plus he will try to add the tyre screech/skid sounds before he submit TX-1 V8. Once there implemented and fixed, he'll do a video of TX-1 V8 on YouTube just like Super Dead Heat but he can't say when that'll be exactly. He's found an earlier version of TX-1 and it will be added to MAME, but when will that be? Who knows.

The last time I heard of him was Thursday May 14th 2020 09:21PM and he doesn't log into MameWorld very often. I'm been an honest person without any false stories incase anybody or anyone thinks of me as a spam user and I though of telling you about this true gossip if anyone would like to know about it, even though I get afraid, frightened or scared of posting it incase anyone would criticize me. I just hope I don't get a bad name for this. Anyway it's coming up to Christmas and it's a time of joy and forgiving. Thank You.

Edited by super (11/30/20 07:42 AM)

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: TX-1 V8 WIP? new [Re: super]
#388848 - 11/30/20 05:16 AM

You answered your own question...

"he said it will be ready when it's ready as to when that will be he cannot say and he has other more important stuff to concentrate on at the moment. He has no paperwork for TX-1 V8"

Personally if I were you, I'd let it go at that, as you stated you don't want to be harassed by other people. People tend to get annoyed with this kind of topic

Edited by Envisaged0ne (11/30/20 05:19 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Re: TX-1 V8 WIP? new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#388854 - 11/30/20 02:11 PM

> You answered your own question...
>
> "he said it will be ready when it's ready as to when that will be he cannot say and
> he has other more important stuff to concentrate on at the moment. He has no
> paperwork for TX-1 V8"
>
> Personally if I were you, I'd let it go at that, as you stated you don't want to be
> harassed by other people. People tend to get annoyed with this kind of topic

^THIS.

If you have knowledge to write drivers for MAME or enough knowledge on the hardware you want to be emulated, go for it and do it yourself. Otherwise, don't ask devs to include it just because you want to play it. It's annoying and won't help anybody.

Before asking this kind of question, try (at least) to download the source code and see if this driver has recent changes made to it. If not, well, it is still not working.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: TX-1 V8 *edit* new [Re: super]
#388855 - 11/30/20 03:03 PM

>...I've been checking MAME at GitHub and Phil Bennett's Twitter to see if there's any news.

About the best way these days to check any updates so you are doing it correctly of checking status and at least you know where to check status.

>I tell you nobody and I mean nobody has ever heard of that TX-1 sequel outside Japan unless
>they visit for there vacation or there staying between like 1984-1999. Well according to
>the Wikipedia the sequel was licensed to Namco; however this game was not licensed by
>Atari and was extremely rare in North America but can anyone confirm or prove that it
>really is true or false?

The former undumped Wiki might likely have detailed entries, but that is currently gone for now. There are flyers of the game which is a start of documenting the possible existence of a coinop game.

https://www.flyerfever.com/post/92172077933/tx-1-v8

The fact that Super Dead Heat, TX-1, Buggy Boy are running in MAME, if with any specific issues, is impressive itself. The V8 addition might happen, but take it like Irem's Green Beret where things somewhat came together unexpectedly earlier this year and Irem's Green Beret finally became playable....but v8 might take a bit more time to be assembled compared to Irem's Green Beret.

Yamaha WX7 might be occupying more time. ;-)

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh...part=1&vc=1

If putting money in one of the instruments and price is comparable, I'd go with Akai 4000 model, but my thing is drums and the Roland V drum series.

Edited by gregf (12/16/20 01:26 PM)

super
MAME Fan
Send PM

TX-1 V8 Question that David "Haze" Haywood has received new [Re: super]
#392004 - 10/01/21 11:58 PM

David got to play the TX-1 game between 36:00 to 42:40 on a Youtube video "Hang On.. That's Super! Another X68000 Fix in "MAME Multisystem May" Racing / Driving Games pt.3" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yruZKTWoeA

Mr Guru was asking David 'mamehaze' Haywood on the Youtube video "August MAME Stream #1 - Part 2 - Misc Games (09 August 2021)" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJPzyyFP2BI between 1:21:20 to 1:22:06 Haze answer when he got the question of "I heard Phil got hold of a later TX1 game but that was years ago and nothing has surfaced?" said Mr Guru. He talk's about Phil's submit driver for ATARI GAMES Metal Maniax, Casio Loopy and his reasons on why he doesn't give more To-Do List to Phil Bennett.

That's if anyone is curious about the hold delay of a later TX1 game and I can tell you it's been over a year since March 11th 2020. I'm not harassing or annoying anybody about it I'm just letting you know what I can give by telling you for any help that's needed.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

bumping this and dragging my name into this _is_ harassment. STOP. new [Re: super]
#392022 - 10/02/21 04:02 PM

as are unsolicited PMs on this kind of thing, again, STOP.

super
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: bumping this and dragging my name into this _is_ harassment. STOP. new [Re: Haze]
#392023 - 10/02/21 05:12 PM

If you think I'm giving harassment, I'm sorry about it, please except my apology and forgive me. But like I said before, I'm not harassing or annoying anybody I'm just letting anyone know what I can give any help that's needed as I hope you all understand and I haven't done anything wrong.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: bumping this and dragging my name into this _is_ harassment. STOP. new [Re: super]
#392024 - 10/02/21 05:34 PM

> I'm not harassing or annoying anybody

You don't get to decide if you're harassing or annoying anybody. What you are doing is absolutely harassing people, and you absolutely are annoying as fuck.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#392036 - 10/03/21 06:20 PM

Re: the negative feedback you're getting.

[REDACTED]

TL;DR Just wait to be pleasantly surprised with whatever may come to MAME. Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed.

Edit: at me trying to "defend" this guy.

Nice to have a bit more nuance to the situation.

Sorry.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (10/04/21 08:18 AM)

LEVEL-4

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: TX-1 V8 WIP? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#392037 - 10/03/21 06:36 PM

> Re: the negative feedback you're getting.
>
> I don't get it myself. Maybe some of my Ego has died. But at any rate... All I make
> of it is that it's 99% likely they're UP on whatever's going on. Like, let's say if
> you were to go up to famous chef Gordon Ramsey, and you tell him a dish he made could
> use more salt. Or like handing a firefighter that's armed with a hose a paper cup of
> water to help fight the fire.
>
> Sorry if those are false equivalencies, but I can't think of anything else.
>
> Obviously, it's not your intention to bother anyone. But (as it was said somewhere
> else) it's up to whoever if they feel like they're being bothered.
>
> Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this to scold you. Why some people are so easily
> perturbed - I guess that's something I lack the ability to empathize with. Some
> people get a twisted sense of delight from such opportunities and proceed to egg
> their victims on. Especially when it comes so effortlessly.
>
> Then there's the idea of reacting to the slightest occurrence, no matter how innocent
> your intentions were, in an over-the-top manner in order to dissuade any other people
> from doing the thing you did. Think of it as if you were a scrawny guy that was sent
> to prison. You could be cellblock's bitch for passing around. But if you get off on
> the right foot - you'll greatly decrease your chances of being harassed. So gouge out
> the eyes of the first person to glare at you and eat their eyeballs. From that point
> on - nobody is going to mess with "that psycho!"
>
> So when whoever says you're harassing them by invoking their sacred name in unholy
> posting rituals - if they let YOU get away with it, then hundreds might try to get
> away with it too. That's just opening the flood-gates (their notification inbox) to a
> heap of trouble, and in the end, nobody in their right mind would want that.
>
> Edit: How that relates to the example. By flipping out when someone uses your name -
> other people will be like; "Woah! Remind me to not even wave at that guy if I should
> see him walking down the street. He might slit my throat!"
>
> -
>
> TL;DR Just wait to be pleasantly surprised with whatever may come to MAME. Expect
> nothing and you'll never be disappointed.

In this case it's more that they've had an answer, multiple times. They've been told that the only one who can give any kind of status update is Phil. Phil doesn't want to be bothered about it. Wait, see what happens, maybe something, maybe nothing.

Sending PMs, calling out other devs, asking all over the place when you already have the only answer you're going to get isn't logical. The only reason to do this is to try and get other people to put pressure on Phil. That helps nothing.

This is like some creepy guy asking everybody else about some girl he wants to get with, even after she's said she's not interested, or needs time to think about it. Highlighting some random comment I made in a stream months ago is creepy, it's stalker-like and it comes across as harassment, not only of me, but of Phil. This is not OK behaviour.

Rotwang
Life is too short to be little...
Reged: 03/21/17
Send PM

#392038 - 10/03/21 07:44 PM

> The last time I heard of him was Thursday May 14th 2020 09:21PM and he doesn't log
> into MameWorld very often

This level of obsession is a fantastic way of ensuring that nobody will want to oblige you. Seriously, take a step back and review your behavior here. None of these people are on your payroll and you're not entitled to anything from them. Why would anyone want to follow through and make you happy, other than out of fear that you might track them down and murder them, because that's exactly the kind of vibe you're giving off with this creepy bullshit. All this over a fucking video game. Get a life.

Edited by Rotwang (10/03/21 07:51 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1187