MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

kevenz
Reged: 04/25/11
Send PM

Zero Team released on PS4 and Switch.
#388814 - 11/28/20 05:52 PM

First time this game actually get a release since the arcade days.

I remember it took forever for this game to be emulated in mame.

You can choose between the original version or the easier usa version.

I'm just really surprised this obscure game came out recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8gpu3UPo34

fortuna_chan
Por que yo hablo español muy bien.
Reged: 06/01/08
Send PM

Re: Zero Team released on PS4 and Switch. new [Re: kevenz]
#388821 - 11/28/20 11:55 PM

yes, are USA (actual 90% emulated) and the original (80% working)

Maybe this can extract and can run the code for emulate 100% the rest (except the 33 version)

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

#388825 - 11/29/20 01:47 AM

Interesting i wonder if they're emulating it.?? and if so whether the code could be probed to help with the emulation
of Zero Team and as yet one other non working game using the cop prot Seibu cup Soccer, i guess we'll need to keep
an eye on certain MAME dev blogs and the commits to find out either way.

Edit seems they are indeed using some form of emulator Zero team being the latest in a long line of games released
under the Arcade Archives label, hmm i never knew these games were being rereleased before now which is strange
seeing as im big into arcade games and all.

Arcade Addict

ederenzi78
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/13/13
Send PM

#388851 - 11/30/20 12:04 PM

In Mame the Zero Team set is marked as NOT WORKING. Actually it *SEEMS* to work albeit I don't know exactly what's wrong with it (someone can point it?). It would be interesting to verify if the Arcade Archive release fixes the bugs in MAME: it would be a first time that a commercial emulator does an original reverse engineering to emulate a machine better than what has already be done by the community.

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

Re: Zero Team released on PS4 and Switch. new [Re: ederenzi78]
#388856 - 11/30/20 04:12 PM

> In Mame the Zero Team set is marked as NOT WORKING. Actually it *SEEMS* to work
> albeit I don't know exactly what's wrong with it (someone can point it?).

The issues with Zero Team are mostly protection related, i know of problems with the hitbox, and more generally
with the game logic which results in incorrect enemy movements and attacks, but that's likely just to be the
tip of the iceberg though.

Arcade Addict

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Zero Team new [Re: gamez fan]
#388877 - 12/01/20 11:23 PM

>> In Mame the Zero Team set is marked as NOT WORKING. Actually it *SEEMS* to work
>> albeit I don't know exactly what's wrong with it (someone can point it?).

>The issues with Zero Team are mostly protection related, i know of problems with the
>hitbox, and more generally with the game logic which results in incorrect enemy movements
>and attacks, but that's likely just to be the tip of the iceberg though.

Yep. I am guessing the programming staff may have taken a peek or two in MAME source
for reference to determine if they can wrap up what work Kale had started earlier. If the
staff was able to use some different approach to being able to get original Zero Team fully working, I'd be impressed.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1050