Pages: 1

Voltron
ArcadeGamer
Reged: 06/18/20
Send PM

Something a little different
#388734 - 11/23/20 12:19 AM

Hey Everyone,

Been a minute since I been on here. Just want to share some of what I been working on at the moment. My end goal is to get my artwork/bezels to display on my side monitors. Not sure how to do that yet, but will jump back in and check the .lay files. I’m sure I just need to tell the .lay file to output to a specific display.

But anyhow, my man-cave aka arcade room, consist of my PLP setup. I know this isn’t the proper thread to put my own stuff up, but figured I’d share as it does have to do with the pillarbox/artwork outside of the bezel.

Hope this inspires someone 😂 🍻

MAME Project

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: Something a little different new [Re: Voltron]
#388735 - 11/23/20 12:33 AM

Which is your favorite Voltron? Lion Force or Vehicle Force? Or even the 3 robots that combined into a bigger robot (Voltron II in the states). I bought the Soul of Chogokin GX-71 BEAST KING GOLION when it was still $350.00. I'd like to get the Vehicle one too, but don't know if I care enough about it to spend that kind of money

Aren't ya glad you gave yourself the Username of Voltron? :P

Edited by Envisaged0ne (11/23/20 12:34 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#388736 - 11/23/20 12:40 AM

> Hey Everyone,
>
> Been a minute since I been on here. Just want to share some of what I been working on
> at the moment. My end goal is to get my artwork/bezels to display on my side
> monitors. Not sure how to do that yet, but will jump back in and check the .lay
> files. I’m sure I just need to tell the .lay file to output to a specific display.

Instructions here: https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=182698

Example shows how to display a marquee on a second monitor; similar concept to what you are looking for; just need to expand the concept to three displays.

> But anyhow, my man-cave aka arcade room, consist of my PLP setup. I know this isn’t
> the proper thread to put my own stuff up, but figured I’d share as it does have to do
> with the pillarbox/artwork outside of the bezel.
>
> Hope this inspires someone 😂 🍻
>
> MAME Project

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Voltron
ArcadeGamer
Send PM

Re: Something a little different new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#388739 - 11/23/20 01:04 AM

> Which is your favorite Voltron? Lion Force or Vehicle Force? Or even the 3 robots
> that combined into a bigger robot (Voltron II in the states). I bought the Soul of
> Chogokin GX-71 BEAST KING GOLION when it was still $350.00. I'd like to get the
> Vehicle one too, but don't know if I care enough about it to spend that kind of money
>
>
> Aren't ya glad you gave yourself the Username of Voltron? :P

Lion Force FTW! I always like Keith the black lion...and Sven (I think that was his name), the one in the blue lion before Princess Allura jumped in it. I remember back in the day when there was Woolworth still around, they sold the huge metal Voltron that you could take apart. It was sick! U should get yourself one man! For nostalgia sake!

Voltron
ArcadeGamer
Send PM

Re: Something a little different new [Re: Mr. Do]
#388740 - 11/23/20 01:05 AM

> > Hey Everyone,
> >
> > Been a minute since I been on here. Just want to share some of what I been working
> on
> > at the moment. My end goal is to get my artwork/bezels to display on my side
> > monitors. Not sure how to do that yet, but will jump back in and check the .lay
> > files. I’m sure I just need to tell the .lay file to output to a specific display.
>
>
> Instructions here:
> https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=182698
>
> Example shows how to display a marquee on a second monitor; similar concept to what
> you are looking for; just need to expand the concept to three displays.
>
>
> > But anyhow, my man-cave aka arcade room, consist of my PLP setup. I know this isn’t
> > the proper thread to put my own stuff up, but figured I’d share as it does have to
> do
> > with the pillarbox/artwork outside of the bezel.
> >
> > Hope this inspires someone 😂 🍻
> >
> > MAME Project

Thanks Mr. Do...Will Do!

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

#388741 - 11/23/20 01:12 AM

LOL, you and I could talk for hours about Voltron. I actually have all the Voltron episodes (original japanese and U.S.A ones). In the japanese version, Sven is killed by Hagar. However, in the U.S., that was considered to violent for kids, so they changed it so that he just went into a coma and had to be transported to another planet

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Voltron
ArcadeGamer
Send PM

Re: Something a little different new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#388748 - 11/23/20 08:29 AM

> LOL, you and I could talk for hours about Voltron. I actually have all the Voltron
> episodes (original japanese and U.S.A ones). In the japanese version, Sven is killed
> by Hagar. However, in the U.S., that was considered to violent for kids, so they
> changed it so that he just went into a coma and had to be transported to another
> planet

Damn that old witch! Thats lame about the US version getting switched...I only have the US version, but in xVid and low res...looks like poop on my bigscreen....I'll have to find a proper rip...I tell you what though, when Power Rangers came out, I was pissed...straight up wanna-be Voltron for the 90's babies.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 748