MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

wrybread
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/09/11
Send PM

How to emulate cocktail cabinet mode in mame?
#387986 - 09/25/20 07:35 AM

I'm working on a cocktail cabinet, and setting the dip switches for games that support it. Really fun doing each of those individually...

But I see occasional mention of Mame being able to flip the video for player 2 for all games, not just ones that officially support cocktail mode, but I'm not seeing any deets on how to do it.

Can anyone send over a hint or two about how it works?

And is it work using, or am I better off setting dip switches in games that support it?

Edited by wrybread (09/25/20 07:39 AM)

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: How to emulate cocktail cabinet mode in mame? new [Re: wrybread]
#387987 - 09/25/20 11:23 AM Attachment: mappy_cocktail.png 9 KB (0 downloads)

> I'm working on a cocktail cabinet, and setting the dip switches for games that
> support it. Really fun doing each of those individually...
>
> But I see occasional mention of Mame being able to flip the video for player 2 for
> all games, not just ones that officially support cocktail mode, but I'm not seeing
> any deets on how to do it.
>
> Can anyone send over a hint or two about how it works?
>
> And is it work using, or am I better off setting dip switches in games that support
> it?

There is no global way to have a fully functioning cocktail mode for all machines in MAME. There is a TAB -> Video Options -> Cocktail - a mode which allows simultaneous display on screen of the normal screen and a mirrored (fake) cocktail screen. Beyond that, changing all your machine settings to meet your monitor/setup type would be the only way.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

wrybread
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/09/11
Send PM

Re: How to emulate cocktail cabinet mode in mame? new [Re: Tafoid]
#387990 - 09/26/20 12:15 AM

Wow, thanks for that, very interesting. My monitor is vertical so that should work well for some horizontal games. Hopefully this can be set per game. Will investigate tonight.

I'll try to post my cfg files for all the mame games that support cocktail when done, to try to save someone else from doing all this work. I made a script that makes a list of every rom that supports cocktail mode, excluding clones, and it's something like 738 games. I'm 68 in and counting.... Sloooow and tedious.

Edited by wrybread (09/26/20 12:15 AM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 971