View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

hiandyp
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/03/09
Send PM

ipac4 pre2015 windows10 problem
#387409 - 08/07/20 04:24 PM

I have a monster cabinet requiring more inputs than one ultimate board can handle so also utilize an older ipac4. Recently updated from win7 to 10 and now the ipac4 will not cooperate, device manager gives me an error code 10. Have tried all the various steps to solve including running in test mode, safe mode, etc. About to give up and pull the thing out and replace with another ultimate board i have lying around... but would rather not have to given the effort involved. Emailed Andy yesterday but haven't heard back yet and would really like to get 'er done going into the weekend. Anybody out there been down this road and know if it's possible and how to make the older ipac4's work with win10? Thanks.

btw... i read a similar post but didn't appear there was an answer.

hiandyp
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/03/09
Send PM

Re: ipac4 pre2015 windows10 problem new [Re: hiandyp]
#387414 - 08/07/20 07:00 PM

Andy just emailed me.. very good guy that Andy. Turns out the controls still work despite the device manager issue. If i ever need to reconfigure however will need to hook up to a win7 machine.

Dan@Flyer Fever
Early video game flyer collector
Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: Altamont, NY
Send PM

Re: ipac4 pre2015 windows10 problem new [Re: hiandyp]
#387770 - 09/07/20 01:44 PM

I have two machines using the I-PAC2 VE and get the driver error under Windows 10 64-bit as well. Despite the driver error, they work fine. Not sure which Windows 10 update caused the driver error but I have the latest update (v2004).

I have a third machine using the Mini-PAC and it does not get the driver error.

Update: I installed two new IPAC2 units (use micro USB as the primary connector instead of PS/2) and no longer get the driver error.

Edited by Dan@Flyer Fever (10/17/20 12:46 PM)

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 997