MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

error with mame64.exe "one or mor rom for this machine are incorrect" (gui version works fine)
#387139 - 07/19/20 07:03 PM

I have mame64.exe on a folder called "mame". on the very same pc i have mame64 gui version on another folder. they both sahe the same roms folder. mame gui is used when i just want to play on my regular monitor, while i fire up the mame64.exe version when i want to play on my cab. if i play games from the gui version, i just double click them and they run, i run the same games, again from the same rom folders, on the mame64.exe version , the one that outputs on the cab, it always says "one or mor rom for this machine are incorrect". and i n eed to press ok or move the joystick etc. being that the romset and folder is the same, how can i remove this message,or at least audit them in some ways with mame64.exe?

i am using latest version on both, but up to 3/4 months ago, i never had this issue. romset is updated to 0.220

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: errore with mame64.exe "one or mor rom for this machine are incorrect" (gui version works fine) new [Re: Solstar]
#387141 - 07/19/20 07:19 PM

> I have mame64.exe on a folder called "mame". on the very same pc i have mame64 gui
> version on another folder. they both sahe the same roms folder. mame gui is used when
> i just want to play on my regular monitor, while i fire up the mame64.exe version
> when i want to play on my cab. if i play games from the gui version, i just double
> click them and they run, i run the same games, again from the same rom folders, on
> the mame64.exe version , the one that outputs on the cab, it always says "one or mor
> rom for this machine are incorrect". and i n eed to press ok or move the joystick
> etc. being that the romset and folder is the same, how can i remove this message,or
> at least audit them in some ways with mame64.exe?
>
> i am using latest version on both, but up to 3/4 months ago, i never had this issue.
> romset is updated to 0.220

If you are not specific to the machine you are trying to emulate, we cannot give you a focused answer.

First off, any warning screens you get will only show if there is an issue with the romset not matching with what you have in your rompath and other game malfunctions. You simply have to hit any single keypress or move any joystick direction. Heck, even a mouse movement will work if it is activated. We haven't required user to type "OK" for many years now.

Again, that message will only show when there is a CRC mismatch - using command line MAME64 will allow this despite the warning if the filename matches what is expected (to assist development).

Audit your romsets is all I can suggest.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: errore with mame64.exe "one or mor rom for this machine are incorrect" (gui version works fine) new [Re: Tafoid]
#387142 - 07/19/20 09:11 PM

yeah the issue came out because i have been using a mame screen saver that has been posted here last year or something, and relies entirely on mame command line version. now, since the screen saver all it does is starting a game to see it's attract mode, if there is that message at the beginning, i will not see any attract mode, but only that message. and of course, pressing any key to continue will just quit the screen saver itself, that's why i was asking.

it does that with basically all games, except neogeo ones for some reasons. again, with mameui, i don't have that problem

how do i audit games from command line mame?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: errore with mame64.exe "one or mor rom for this machine are incorrect" (gui version works fine) new [Re: Solstar]
#387145 - 07/19/20 11:44 PM

> yeah the issue came out because i have been using a mame screen saver that has been
> posted here last year or something, and relies entirely on mame command line version.
> now, since the screen saver all it does is starting a game to see it's attract mode,
> if there is that message at the beginning, i will not see any attract mode, but only
> that message. and of course, pressing any key to continue will just quit the screen
> saver itself, that's why i was asking.
>
> it does that with basically all games, except neogeo ones for some reasons. again,
> with mameui, i don't have that problem
>
> how do i audit games from command line mame?

> mame64 -verifyroms > output.txt

You want to push the output to a file and, if you are holding a large set of roms, it could take hours.
Also you can use the internal UI to scan for "Available" by using "F1" and check your "Unavailable" list. This could also take a long while.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: errore with mame64.exe "one or mor rom for this machine are incorrect" (gui version works fine) new [Re: Tafoid]
#387154 - 07/20/20 09:42 AM

Thanks i will try that

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#387156 - 07/20/20 03:46 PM

>

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: errore with mame64.exe "one or mor rom for this machine are incorrect" (gui version works fine) new [Re: Robbbert]
#387160 - 07/20/20 10:09 PM

hmm but it wasn't there some rel ago, so maybe it's something recent?

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

#387161 - 07/20/20 10:16 PM

ok did the f1 thing, it took 15 mins more or less (maybe because i have an I9 9900k cpu), but at the end the issue still remains

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: errore with mame64.exe "one or mor rom for this machine are incorrect" (gui version works fine) new [Re: Robbbert]
#387169 - 07/21/20 09:23 AM

tried like Tafoid said, and the issue persists, so i guess it's a bug in the ui as you stated before

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Send PM

#387180 - 07/22/20 04:47 AM

>

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

#387240 - 07/25/20 03:16 PM

> > tried like Tafoid said, and the issue persists, so i guess it's a bug in the ui as
> > you stated before
>
> You can find out by going to a cmd window, starting MAME, running a few games one
> after another from the UI, then when you exit, there will be messages such as
> "Invalid bios 0 reverting to default" left behind in the cmd window.

Ok just tried that and yep, i have this error

":: invalid BIOS "9", reverting to default"
WARNING: the machine might not run correctly.

in 5 games i tried. other four games i tried there was 4 instead of 9 but same error

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

#389724 - 01/27/21 02:00 PM

Sorry for necroing but...still i have the same issue, even with newer mame command line versions...is there no fix for this?

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Send PM

#389728 - 01/27/21 04:45 PM

> Sorry for necroing but...still i have the same issue, even with newer mame command
> line versions...is there no fix for this?

Not yet.

ASI
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/23/10
Loc: UK
Send PM

#389795 - 02/01/21 09:14 AM

It would help if you said which versions you were using and which games you were testing with. ie.
Mame64.exe ver .220 ??
Mame64ui.exe ver .221 ??
games
xyz
xyz
xyz

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

#389805 - 02/01/21 10:53 PM

If the game uses a BIOS and/or a device, have you tried to re-download the sets with correct ROMs ? Have you tried to do a clean MAME install (delete .cfg files in "mamedir\cfg" folder).

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 223 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1400