MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Does GameCube have a battery inside? The clock and calendar stop when I turn it off.
#386504 - 05/29/20 04:03 AM

It did work in the past. I guess from setting too long the battery died.

I turn it back on then it start working again But I turn it back off. Just pause.

I have to change the time and day to current every time I turn it on. For Animal Crossing.

Edit: OK it does have one. I found a video.

Edited by Dullaron (05/29/20 04:11 AM)

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Does GameCube have a battery inside? The clock and calendar stop when I turn it off. new [Re: Dullaron]
#386576 - 06/01/20 05:52 AM

> It did work in the past. I guess from setting too long the battery died.
>
> I turn it back on then it start working again But I turn it back off. Just pause.
>
> I have to change the time and day to current every time I turn it on. For Animal
> Crossing.
>
> Edit: OK it does have one. I found a video.

Had the same problem with a PS2 Slim earlier this year, all of the horse trainers in Gallop Racer 2 PAL (aka 2004) were suddenly pissed off at me because I apparently hadn't raced for them in a ridiculously long time (the game probably overflowed to 4.2 billion days in the future rather than 20 years in the past!) Checked the BIOS, and yep, the console had reverted back to the year 2000.

At least they only use CR2032 batteries (same as PC BIOS, SNES games etc.) and not some random proprietary crap like the Nintendo DS batteries or PS3 controller.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 301 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 314