MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dante82
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/01/17
Send PM

How to reset stock settings for contrast/gamma/brightness?
#386038 - 04/30/20 06:30 PM

I am trying to find where MAME stores it’s first run settings for contrast/brightness/gamma for certain games that are known to need color correction such as Contra, Alien Syndrome, etc. For example if I run Alien Syndrome first time my gamma is automatically tweaked to .7 with contrast at 1.2 and brightness at 800. I have no custom ini settings for any of these games either.

Where is MAME pulling that info from? It’s definitely saving it somewhere because if I change it in the sliders menu it saves, yet no ini is saved, it’s not stored in the .cfg or nvram either.

Thanks

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

Re: How to reset stock settings for contrast/gamma/brightness? new [Re: Dante82]
#386039 - 04/30/20 07:11 PM

Hi. Mame stores those settings in mame.ini Try opening mame.ini with Wordpad or something similar and editing the setting there. You can also create a new default mame.ini file by opening a command window and typing: mame -cc and hitting enter

Hope this helps.

Jason

Dante82
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/01/17
Send PM

Re: How to reset stock settings for contrast/gamma/brightness? new [Re: Jason]
#386040 - 04/30/20 08:55 PM

> Hi. Mame stores those settings in mame.ini Try opening mame.ini with Wordpad or
> something similar and editing the setting there. You can also create a new default
> mame.ini file by opening a command window and typing: mame -cc and hitting enter
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Jason

Hi thanks for the reply I figured it out. I don’t know how I missed it; somehow I had saved slider settings in a bunch of .cfg files that were automatically loading when I was starting a game. I am confused I thought MAME never saved sliders ever. Either way solved!

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: How to reset stock settings for contrast/gamma/brightness? new [Re: Dante82]
#386046 - 05/01/20 12:55 AM

Yes, MAME automatically saves the brightness, contrast, gamma settings to a .CFG file when you make changes in game. You can set the files to Read Only to avoid this. Just keep in mind that it also saves your input settings to the same CFG file

Edited by Envisaged0ne (05/01/20 01:09 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 282 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 448