MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

YEEHAW, I'M BACK WOO
#385098 - 01/23/20 04:29 PM

... not that anyone cares or anything, BUT! I spent the last four months without access to the site because of Mameworld's host blocking me because apparently a lot of people from my general vicinity were trying to hack them or something. Other countries were unblocked but Mexico wasn't and I just figured I had gotten blocked because my ISP does in fact have a lot of stupid spammers in it.

But Stiletto took a peek at the Admin email, contacted me, and figured out a way to unblock me. Woo!

So what has gone on in the four months I've been gone? Because a lot of crap happened down here.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: YEEHAW, I'M BACK WOO new [Re: Foxhack]
#385099 - 01/23/20 06:19 PM

>because of Mameworld's host blocking me because apparently a lot of people from my general
>vicinity were trying to hack them or something. Other countries were unblocked but Mexico
>wasn't and I just figured I had gotten blocked because my ISP does in fact have a lot of
>stupid spammers in it.

That blows (ie: sucks)

>So what has gone on in the four months I've been gone?

Assuming you were still able to visit MAMEdev web site and GitHub https://github.com/mamedev/mame as well....you probably didn't miss much here. Currently, undumped Wiki is offline for time being.

Model 1 emulation improvements and maybe Gameking console/handheld improvements and also Mr. Do's artwork updates would be more notable updates in general although the recent Last Apostle Puppet Show being added last week is a neat surprise. I didn't expect that to be found and added.

The popular threads if wanting to read or add a post.

MAME Artwork Update - One More Before the Year's Over
12/30/19

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh...part=1&vc=1

Dragon’s Lair Update [laser disc thread]
01/05/20

2020's Almost Here: What Do You Guys Hope For in Mame/Mess?
12/07/19

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: So that was what happened... new [Re: Foxhack]
#385103 - 01/25/20 07:51 AM

> ... not that anyone cares or anything, BUT! I spent the last four months without
> access to the site because of Mameworld's host blocking me because apparently a lot
> of people from my general vicinity were trying to hack them or something. Other
> countries were unblocked but Mexico wasn't and I just figured I had gotten blocked
> because my ISP does in fact have a lot of stupid spammers in it.
>
> But Stiletto took a peek at the Admin email, contacted me, and figured out a way to
> unblock me. Woo!
>
> So what has gone on in the four months I've been gone? Because a lot of crap happened
> down here.

I found strange for various months I always got timeouts on this domain, yet the google cache still shows it's still alive and updating. I though it was only the server confusing me with a spambot and blocking me based on my location, but then this month when I tried again at my parents' house found out I was still blocked. Basically you saved me the burden to connect to a VPN, PM the Admin and solve the issue too. Thank you.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: So that was what happened... new [Re: BIOS-D]
#385111 - 01/26/20 08:59 AM

> > ... not that anyone cares or anything, BUT! I spent the last four months without
> > access to the site because of Mameworld's host blocking me because apparently a lot
> > of people from my general vicinity were trying to hack them or something. Other
> > countries were unblocked but Mexico wasn't and I just figured I had gotten blocked
> > because my ISP does in fact have a lot of stupid spammers in it.
> >
> > But Stiletto took a peek at the Admin email, contacted me, and figured out a way to
> > unblock me. Woo!
> >
> > So what has gone on in the four months I've been gone? Because a lot of crap
> happened
> > down here.
>
> I found strange for various months I always got timeouts on this domain, yet the
> google cache still shows it's still alive and updating. I though it was only the
> server confusing me with a spambot and blocking me based on my location, but then
> this month when I tried again at my parents' house found out I was still blocked.
> Basically you saved me the burden to connect to a VPN, PM the Admin and solve the
> issue too. Thank you.

Apparently you guys got blocked months ago when hackers from all over the place were hammering the firewall. However, the MAMEWorld users affected from Ukraine, Russia, China and Taiwan (or was it Thailand) all spoke up mere days after it happened! I didn't know Mexico was blocked too because there's a level or two of interference between folks like me/Tafoid/Smitdogg and things like the firewall configuration.

So, uh, y'all should've spoke up sooner. :P

But welcome back!

- Stiletto

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#385122 - 01/27/20 05:32 AM

Lifetime VPN subscriptions are a thing now... always the first thing I try when I can't get on a site (well... after clearing my cache and DNS)

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: YEEHAW, I'M BACK WOO new [Re: URherenow]
#385123 - 01/27/20 06:04 AM

& pretty cheap too!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: YEEHAW, I'M BACK WOO new [Re: URherenow]
#385125 - 01/27/20 04:37 PM

> Lifetime VPN subscriptions are a thing now... always the first thing I try when I
> can't get on a site (well... after clearing my cache and DNS)

A VPN, on my crappy connection speed? It's like throwing money in a fire. No point.

Maybe once I move to the US...

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#385126 - 01/28/20 09:40 PM Attachment: 25my59gamvc41.jpg 86 KB (0 downloads)

Quote:

Maybe once I move to the US...

Stay clear of Massachusetts. The taxes will drive you mad.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: YEEHAW, I'M BACK WOO new [Re: Andrew]
#385127 - 01/29/20 02:48 AM

> Maybe once I move to the US...
>
> Stay clear of Massachusetts. The taxes will drive you mad.

I'm going to Tennessee to live in the same town as my sisters. It's a good place, there's lots of work, it's quiet, and has a huge Spanish speaking community.

I no longer have a reason to stay in Mexico, and the government is going batshit insane... so I'm packing up and starting over. I will be selling a ton of things before moving, including a set of game prototypes I own, to help me raise money (don't worry, I WILL release them before that happens.)

'Course I have to figure out how to ship my gigantic movie and game collection over there. :|

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#385128 - 01/29/20 05:39 AM

> the government is going batshit insane...

So, first the bad news...

- Stiletto

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: YEEHAW, I'M BACK WOO new [Re: Stiletto]
#385129 - 01/29/20 06:59 AM

> > the government is going batshit insane...
>
> So, first the bad news...
>
> - Stiletto

Oh no, y'all are just fine compared to what's going on here in Mexico. Imagine a country where all the political parties are basically different levels of Republican. Add a ton of religious interference, corruption, drug cartel influence and I can't really start to explain all this stuff without going to the war room so immashutupnow.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#385146 - 02/01/20 01:30 AM

> Oh no, y'all are just fine compared to what's going on here in Mexico. Imagine a
> country where all the political parties are basically different levels of Republican.
> Add a ton of religious interference, corruption, drug cartel influence and I can't
> really start to explain all this stuff without going to the war room so
> immashutupnow.

You are exaggerating a little too much. Here is my advice: stop watching the news. It does not matter where you go, you will forever believe other places are better than yours.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 851