Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

chucky
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/19/14
Send PM

How to identify which games have save states saved
#384906 - 01/04/20 12:45 PM

Hi,
I use Mameui. Is there a way to visually and readily identify which games have save states saved down?
e.g. a good visual cue would be to have a field on the main UI, alongside 'played', 'samples', 'roms' etc.
Or a pop when you load a game.
I use savestates for different reasons, including the obvious - saving game progress, but also to skip tape loading, etc. A cue would be really helpful.
Thanks.

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Re: How to identify which games have save states saved new [Re: chucky]
#385027 - 01/16/20 06:25 PM

> Hi,
> I use Mameui. Is there a way to visually and readily identify which games have save
> states saved down?
> e.g. a good visual cue would be to have a field on the main UI, alongside 'played',
> 'samples', 'roms' etc.
> Or a pop when you load a game.
> I use savestates for different reasons, including the obvious - saving game progress,
> but also to skip tape loading, etc. A cue would be really helpful.
> Thanks.

If you use MAMEUI then you can select "Save State" in the items on the left of the UI, to filter all the machines that have active.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

chucky
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How to identify which games have save states saved new [Re: AntoPISA]
#388483 - 11/07/20 05:03 PM

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply (ps love your site).
It's been a while since my original question, but a lot has been happening in the world - but now I'm back onto Mame!

Regarding my original question (savestate), my question was not really about which games are capable of creating savesets, but more about showing my own personal savestates (that I creat with F7) in the MameUI front end. These are all saved in the STA subfolder.

e. if I create a savestate which is in the STA folder, can MameUI show this on the front end? This way, when I select a game, I will know whether I have already created a savestate for the game.
This was I can easily see which games I have previously started, and saved?

Many thanks.

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Re: How to identify which games have save states saved new [Re: chucky]
#388484 - 11/07/20 08:37 PM

You can certainly check the games you have started by reading the data in the "Played" column, but I don't think it is currently possible to establish what you have saved and what not.

In any case try to ask John IV or Robbbert who know a lot more than me.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

chucky
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How to identify which games have save states saved new [Re: AntoPISA]
#394278 - 06/20/22 05:28 PM Attachment: msf2.txt 2 KB (11 downloads)

Hi,
If anyone is interested, I've created a BAT file that runs before launching MAMEUI. This creates a custom folder/filter INI file in MAMEUI, containing a list of all the games for which you have a saved state.
It refreshes each time MAMEUI is executed, and so is always up-to-date (i.e. once MAMEUI restarted).
It's simple but I find it really useful, and it kept me entertained for a few minutes.
C.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1216