MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Chappie
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/31/09
Send PM

Krazy Bowl HiScore
#384845 - 12/29/19 02:31 PM

I just realized Krazy Bowl is not saving hi scores. All my other games are saving fine. I have had problems in the past with this rom doing this exact thing but cannot seem to solve it this time. It does not have a NVRAM file and I have deleted the previous .hi file for the game as well as having the latest hiscore.dat file. Possibly I downgraded the rom in the past to an earlier version when my roms were upgraded...anyone else see this issue?

Chappie

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Krazy Bowl HiScore new [Re: Chappie]
#384849 - 12/30/19 04:25 AM

Quote:

Possibly I downgraded the rom in the past to an earlier version when my roms were upgraded

I doubt it has anything to with the ROMs. I've never used the hi score plugin feature, so bear with me.

I copied the plugin.ini file from the MAME folder to my working folder and updated the hiscore entry from 0 to 1, saved and closed the file. I launched the game and over in the console I could see some activity related to hi score handling. I played a "REGULATION" game and got the hi score. I then escaped out of the game.

MAME created a hi folder in my working directory and created a krzybowl.hi file there.

I launched the game again and my hi score (151) was displayed. Note that there is also a "SWEEPER" hi score table but you probably already know that. This was with MAME 0.217.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Chappie
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Krazy Bowl HiScore new [Re: Andrew]
#384863 - 12/31/19 04:03 AM

I will check into using a different version of Mame. I am running .199 at this time.

Chappie
MAME Fan
Send PM

#384868 - 12/31/19 01:32 PM

Nevermind. It turns out it was working the whole time. When the game finishes and the high scores are entered, the first hi score screen that shows up in attract mode is the Sweeper version of the game (which for us had all zeros) because we always play the Regulation version. I waited a cycle on the attract screens and the Regulation hi score screen comes up with all the saved hi scores. False alarm and thank you Andrew.

Edited by Chappie (12/31/19 01:33 PM)

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#384870 - 12/31/19 04:28 PM

Quote:

False alarm and thank you Andrew.

No worries. Your post prompted me to try out the hiscore plugin which I haven't bothered with all these years, so thanks for that!

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 356