MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

FuzzyFish
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/20/19
Send PM

Life Fitness Arcade/Rower (1988?)
#383995 - 10/20/19 05:57 PM

I salvaged this board from a rower that was about to get tossed out. It appeared to be a mish-mash of arcade and exercise, and I thought it was rather interesting. The board appeared to boot, and it made sounds/responded to input. But the high-voltage supply for the CRT appeared dead. I couldn't find much of any info on this, nor could I have saved the whole machine. I'm trying to see if I can find someone near the Charleston, SC area that can help me dump the rom.

Release date: Est 1988
Production date: 4/19/93
Part#: A080-91822-MC68

ROM Version 2.41 (1988), Texas Instruments 27C010A-15

Other main chips:
-Yamaha YM2149F
-Motorola MC68A21P x 2
-Motorola MC6809P
-Texas Instruments TMS9128L

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Life Fitness Arcade/Rower (1988?) new [Re: FuzzyFish]
#383996 - 10/20/19 08:14 PM

>I salvaged this board from a rower that was about to get tossed out. It appeared to be a
>mish-mash of arcade and exercise, and I thought it was rather interesting. The board
>appeared to boot, and it made sounds/responded to input.

Good baseball diving catch grab there. There are already other such examples of video-based gym equipment items with video emulation support as shown.

--
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

Salter Fitness / Gaelco

https://git.redump.net/mame/tree/src/mame/drivers/gaelco2.cpp

// Gym equipment
GAME( 1997, sltpcycl, 0, saltcrdi, saltcrdi, gaelco2_state, init_play2000, ROT0, "Salter Fitness / Gaelco", "Pro Cycle Tele Cardioline (Salter Fitness Bike V.1.0, Checksum 02AB)", 0 ) // Same board and ROM as Pro Reclimber
GAME( 1997, sltpstep, 0, saltcrdi, saltcrdi, gaelco2_state, init_play2000, ROT0, "Salter Fitness / Gaelco", "Pro Stepper Tele Cardioline (Salter Fitness Stepper V.1.0, Checksum F208)", 0 )

--

>But the high-voltage supply for the CRT appeared dead. I couldn't find much of any info
>on this, nor could I have saved the whole machine.

Bummer, but going by previous sentence it appears that "input" issue can be overcome with what has already been recovered.

> I'm trying to see if I can find someone near the Charleston, SC area that can help me
> dump the rom.

Smitdogg probably could have given a name or two, but he isn't around these days on MW forums. There was someone in Florida that might have had equipment to do those types of roms. I don't know of anyone in South Carolina.

--
Release date: Est 1988
Production date: 4/19/93
Part#: A080-91822-MC68

ROM Version 2.41 (1988), Texas Instruments 27C010A-15

Other main chips:
-Yamaha YM2149F
-Motorola MC68A21P x 2
-Motorola MC6809P
-Texas Instruments TMS9128L
--

This will be interesting to see if pcb is similar to already emulated hardware or if it will be in its own unique hardware source file. There is a slim chance that the hardware might already be able to be emulated in some already existing source driver file of an already emulated arcade/coinop arcade hardware.

If the hardware is not yet already emulated, the roms and pcb info can be supported in a preliminary source driver file like what has already been done with pinball stuff or proms of non-cpu coinop videogames.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 316 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 266