View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

teezee
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/05/14
Send PM

IPAC4 stopped working - "Unknown Device Descriptor"
#383012 - 07/09/19 04:59 AM

Am rebuilding an older cabinet that I had built a few years ago. Same PC, same cable, same ipac. When I turned on the PC and plugged in the iPAC. I get the following error
"Invalid Device Descriptor"
I've tried a few usb ports but only have 1 cable and 1 ipac4.

Any troubleshooting guides or recommended troubleshooting flow?
Windows 8.1

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: IPAC4 stopped working - "Unknown Device Descriptor" new [Re: teezee]
#383014 - 07/09/19 05:54 AM

Here's a couple of easy things to try:

-Try uninstalling it from the device manager & reboot. See if Windoze installs it correctly this time.

-Try it in another PC to make sure the ipac is not the problem. No telling on this end what could have happened to it if you're rebuilding things & how you did it.

-Cable could have gone bad. It does happen.

-Very rare but also could happen, the ipac could have just died too. Never heard of it other than with help by user error/abuse though...

GL!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

teezee
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: IPAC4 stopped working - "Unknown Device Descriptor" new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#383015 - 07/09/19 09:13 AM

Thanks for the response Billy.

I tried it on another PC. Error "(Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

I'll try to get another "PS2 cable - USB Type A" and see

last resort is to replace it.

Just to be clear as my previous post wasn't. The ipac has been in the console box for a year, not moved around....

Crosses fingers it's the cable.. When I connect the cable to "pass through" port it says green, when I connect to PC port, it flashes quickly then turns off

teezee
MAME Fan
Send PM

#383017 - 07/09/19 01:19 PM

Have gotten a response from Andy @ Ultimarc so i'll post back any findings if it can help anyone else in the future.

Dal1980
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/14/19
Send PM

#383056 - 07/14/19 02:35 PM

Did you get to the bottom of this?

I have the same problem with my Mini-Pac (pre 2015 board). I tried using a brand new Mini-Pac board I bought about 6 months ago that I have waiting for a new project and that did not even get picked up by windows 10.

Is there some generic driver I need or did I miss the step other than installing the legacy winipac_setup.exe for my pre-2015 attempt and uninstalling that tried the winipacv2setup.exe for the latest board?

WiniPac (legacy board) would drop and pickup usb device by windows 10 each time I pressed some buttons

WiniPac (new) program just says "Board Attached: None" with windows not even acknowledging connection....

*** As I was writing this I decided to see if windows at least acknowledged disconnection or re-connection and it did, just then the new board worked so happy that I have it solved.

I will maybe debug the old board in the future but I'll probably just buy the latest version instead, it served it's purpose for about 7 years anyway.

Hope this helped someone

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1228