Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MadMardigain
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/01/19
Send PM

First major build what I-PAC Emulator or combination Emulators would work best.
#382963 - 07/01/19 07:51 PM

I am in the process of designing my first major MAME cabinet to cover most of my gaming needs. So, yes it’s going to basically be a frankinanel design. This will be PC based so I would like the emulator/emulators that are already set up to be keyboard based. Also, because this will basically be an an all in one unit I will be using multiple controls including:

A 2 player joystick setup with 6 or 7 buttons each. A central trackball. A spinner control. And a dedicated menu area with around 6 buttons. I will also be incorporating 2 light guns but I’m assuming that will be covered by just a standard USB connection. I am planning to use solid buttons, so will not have use for the LED light of that helps with the options. I have only designed a basic 1 player 2 button bar top unit in the past, so with this many elements I was not sure which set up would best fit my needs to make this work.

From what I’ve read the I-PAC series seem to have the easiest set up process and could work for me from the start with only minor button customization. I’ve looked into a combination of different I-PAC units (like a I-PAC 2 and I-PAC Micro), a more all inclusive unit like the I-PAC Ultimate, and a couple other setups but haven’t quite pinpointed the prefect option.

The closest fabricated controller setup to my vision would be this xtension unit. Although I would be adding an additional 2 buttons to the main layout. And if possible just using a 4way to 8way adjustable joystick rather than creating another separate stand along 4way joystick and buttons setup found on this controllers upper left section.
https://www.recroommasters.com/Xtension-...ard-ee-plus.htm

Any guidance you could provide me on the emulator that would best fit this build, as well as any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 719