MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

VasiliyFamiliya
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/18/17
Send PM

Strange players AI behaviour in attract mode of Beast Busters world version.
#382541 - 05/23/19 01:37 PM

All 3 players are concentrating their fire in the right bottom corner of the screen mainly, and destroying the zombies exclusively using a grenades almost.

Is this a MAME emulation bug, or Beast Busters world version has such weirdness on actual hardware too?

MetalGod
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/26/18
Send PM

Re: Strange players AI behaviour in attract mode of Beast Busters world version. new [Re: VasiliyFamiliya]
#382545 - 05/23/19 03:15 PM

You just need to calibrate the guns.

"From mamedev.org:
For the game to work properly, you need to calibrate ALL 3 guns! If you try to do only one, as the manual states, the eprom has invalid gun data and the screen go black after rebooting. Fire at indicated spots with P1, P2 and P3 controls. Only then will a proper eprom be made."

Anyway, sometimes any player may not end up being calibrated properly by following the spots on calibration test. In this case, try to shoot a bit out of the marked spots.

Edited by MetalGod (05/23/19 03:24 PM)

VasiliyFamiliya
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Strange players AI behaviour in attract mode of Beast Busters world version. new [Re: MetalGod]
#382546 - 05/23/19 05:00 PM

Why all 3 guns at the same time, as I tested, are shooting in active game mode absolutely accurately without any calibration then?

MetalGod
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Strange players AI behaviour in attract mode of Beast Busters world version. new [Re: VasiliyFamiliya]
#382547 - 05/23/19 05:11 PM

Because you didn't do any calibration.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Strange players AI behaviour in attract mode of Beast Busters world version. new [Re: MetalGod]
#382549 - 05/23/19 09:12 PM

> Because you didn't do any calibration.

the report is about attract mode, which has nothing to do with calibration (it will act as described with properly cailbrated guns that work in game)

it might just be how the game behaves, or it's not programmed properly to deal with the calibration that works with MAME (maybe the original guns were very imprecise and operated on a smaller range of values - that would need checking)

still, generally pointless to ask these questions as you'd need an original cab with original gun setup to see what happens in attract there, and they're not exactly common these days.

MetalGod
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Strange players AI behaviour in attract mode of Beast Busters world version. new [Re: Haze]
#382551 - 05/23/19 10:39 PM

Sorry VasiliyFamiliya, I had misunderstood you.
I seems to be a mame bug considering it is not happening here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWNqGkptXc

BTW, In MAME this bug ocurrs in all versions, not only World.
I've found out it has regression. It is some intermediate version between mame 0.128 and mame 0.129

You should open a report at mametesters...

Edited by MetalGod (05/23/19 11:00 PM)

VasiliyFamiliya
MAME Fan
Send PM

#382586 - 05/28/19 04:01 PM

I'm so glad my report turned out to be useful, and even led to creation of new "device"!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 376 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 569