View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Pr3tty F1y
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/18/05
Send PM

Tiger Handheld Donations Still Wanted?
#382339 - 05/07/19 01:10 AM

My MegaMan 3 Tiger Handheld just bit the dust. I was hearing this errant squealing throughout the day... it seems it was my MegaMan 3. I did not have it powered on, but obviously something failed as it was getting current from the batteries while off and replacing the batteries didn't fix it. It's dead.

Opening it up was a worse idea. I knew when I originally got it that someone had spilled something on it (I suspect Coca Cola), but I was able to clean up the innards and it worked fine. However, the corrosion seems to have done it in in the end. The wires just snapped off of their solder points.

So my plan was to by another one and just ship it off to someone associated at the MAME team so it can be permanently preserved. It's truly not a bad game and I would much rather have it in MAME permanently than just buy another copy for myself. If anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it. I know it was Sean Riddle who was doing this, but I'm not sure how back logged he is or how much real life he has going on.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Tiger Handheld Donations Still Wanted? new [Re: Pr3tty F1y]
#382391 - 05/08/19 08:24 AM

> My MegaMan 3 Tiger Handheld just bit the dust. I was hearing this errant squealing
> throughout the day... it seems it was my MegaMan 3. I did not have it powered on, but
> obviously something failed as it was getting current from the batteries while off and
> replacing the batteries didn't fix it. It's dead.
>
> Opening it up was a worse idea. I knew when I originally got it that someone had
> spilled something on it (I suspect Coca Cola), but I was able to clean up the innards
> and it worked fine. However, the corrosion seems to have done it in in the end. The
> wires just snapped off of their solder points.
>
> So my plan was to by another one and just ship it off to someone associated at the
> MAME team so it can be permanently preserved. It's truly not a bad game and I would
> much rather have it in MAME permanently than just buy another copy for myself. If
> anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it. I know it was Sean Riddle who was doing
> this, but I'm not sure how back logged he is or how much real life he has going on.

There are indeed a bunch of handhelds "in queue." Moogly Guy would know if Tiger Megaman 3 is still needed or not. If still needed, send it to Sean, but don't expect it dumped immediately.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Send PM

Re: Tiger Handheld Donations Still Wanted? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#382396 - 05/08/19 03:55 PM

It can't hurt to have doubles for any undumped stuff in case a decap fails. So if you're willing to donate it, just contact Sean. PM him on on the bannister forums or send him an email, email address here: http://seanriddle.com/

Pr3tty F1y
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/18/05
Send PM

Re: Tiger Handheld Donations Still Wanted? new [Re: hap]
#382404 - 05/08/19 10:27 PM

> It can't hurt to have doubles for any undumped stuff in case a decap fails. So if
> you're willing to donate it, just contact Sean. PM him on on the bannister forums or
> send him an email, email address here: http://seanriddle.com/

Thank you for the info. Will do. I saved the PCB, background art, and LCD glass from my dead one. I'll contact him and see if he needs a good one and, if so, will buy and ship that one too.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 509