View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

Mattel D&D LCD game
#382003 - 04/16/19 04:56 PM

Hey all, curious if anyone remembers the Mattel D&D LCD game as shown here? I have fond memories of playing this as a kid and I think it's one of the finest examples of an LCD game out there.

I'm specifically wondering if it shares any hardware with Mattel's Gin. In speaking with gregf, he believes the two games might share the same CPU (NEC uCOM-43 MCU) and given that this is already emulated, perhaps a working D&D LCD driver might not be as far off as I had assumed.

hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Send PM

Re: Mattel D&D LCD game new [Re: Shoegazr]
#382004 - 04/16/19 05:04 PM

It has an unknown Toshiba MCU, label T68xx, where xx seems to be a serial number. The same MCU is in Armor Attack and Speed Freak.

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

Re: Mattel D&D LCD game new [Re: hap]
#382008 - 04/16/19 05:59 PM

> It has an unknown Toshiba MCU, label T68xx, where xx seems to be a serial number. The
> same MCU is in Armor Attack and Speed Freak.

Got it. Thanks, hap. That'll take more time to RE I'm guessing, but that's okay, just something to look forward to.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Mattel D&D LCD game new [Re: hap]
#382024 - 04/17/19 10:11 AM

>It has an unknown Toshiba MCU, label T68xx, where xx seems to be a serial number. The same
>MCU is in Armor Attack and Speed Freak.

I forgot about Sean's Bannister post in December 2017.

Congrats......now there are two hardcore Mattel fans (led games, and lcd game) wanting to see their favorite games emulated.

*ready to load up with daily "When will so and so Mattel game be emulated? posts"

It worked for the CPS-2 kidz and PacDude's daily bitching about Slither not being emulated back in the long ago old MAME.net forum era. *kidding*

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 194 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 584