MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Sittin on the dock of the bay
#381864 - 04/05/19 09:16 PM

Andrew Welburn dumped Dock Man II which is a previously unknown upgrade to the original which plays faster

Andrew Welburn also dumped the Seevend license version of Dock Man

jordigahan and ClawGrip dumped Panther Darts, a darts machine from the Spanish company Daryde in 1999

This weekend marks the 10th anniversary of the DU forming

Click here to visit the DU donation page

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: DU: Sittin on the dock of the bay new [Re: Smitdogg]
#381867 - 04/06/19 12:50 AM

>This weekend marks the 10th anniversary of the DU forming

Happy birthday/anniversary. An impressive 10 years of contributions from contributors and donators across the globe whether coinop related, console related (including handheld items), computer related, industrial machine related, and various electronic devices related for the goal of preservation. * Applauds *

*crosses fingers that Kee Games Quiz Show tapes can be somehow dumped even though that will take a setup to handle those tapes and the data on the tapes.*

Quiz Show is only remaining, not yet emulated in MAME, cpu based game that I actually did play at Magic Mountain's arcade back in mid 1970s. All the other cpu based coinop videogames I played are emulated.

>Andrew Welburn dumped Dock Man II which is a previously unknown upgrade to the original
>which plays faster.....also dumped the Seevend license version of Dock Man

Awright. Another good find and contribution by Andy.

Time to celebrate and roll out Al Jarreau's variation of:

Warner Music Group [Sittin' On] The Dock of the Bay
Al Jarreau
All Fly Home
1978 Warner Brother Records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZHrrSKeMns

Background Vocals: Al Jarreau
Flugelhorn: Freddie Hubbard
Additional Keyboards: Jim Ryan
Additional Synthesiser: Jim Ryan
Drums: Joe Correro
Additional Keyboards: Larry Williams
Additional Synthesiser: Larry Williams
Guitar: Lee Ritenour
Keyboards, Organ, Synthesiser, Vibes: Lynn Blessing
Percussion: Paulinho Da Costa
Bass: Reggie McBride
Keyboards, Piano, Synthesiser: Tom Canning
Writer: Otis Redding
Writer: Steve Cropper

Paulinho Da Costa percussion work always impresses me. The playing style to me is subtle and light like Michael Fisher's work compared to Alex Acuna, Manolo Badrena, and Luis Conte, but still effective in a recording studio setting.

When remembering Al's past vocal work, Breakin' Away is always the first tune that comes to my mind even though most others will pick a different song piece that Al sung. Reason why I bought some of Al's albums in early 1980s is primarily to listen to drummer Steve Gadd play drums on Al's albums. Steve was one of the top 5 known studio musician drummers back then along with Jeff Porcaro. Select pop vocal recording artists in early 1980s and either Jeff or Steve would be the drummer doing the studio session recording work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ67bpvH3_U

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 433 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 775