Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Has anyone tried to use OBS and MAMEUI64 at the same time?
#381514 - 03/13/19 09:39 PM

I'm trying this in my arcade cabinet so I can record gameplay.

The recording itself works well, but when I hit to end the game and return to the main display the display freezes on the last image shown by the game until I kill the app altogether.

This only happens when I have OSB recording. If I don't have it recording or don't have it running at all, the game exits fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I've asked in the OBS forums as well and so far have not heard back from anyone. I don't know if this is an OBS-thing or a MAMEUI64-thing.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Has anyone tried to use OBS and MAMEUI64 at the same time? new [Re: Llaffer]
#381522 - 03/14/19 12:25 AM

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Has anyone tried to use OBS and MAMEUI64 at the same time? new [Re: Robbbert]
#381523 - 03/14/19 12:40 AM

It is OBS (I see the typo that I did in the OP) (Open Broadcaster Software) used to mix in multiple video and audio inputs to be used to stream/record content.

I can try to duplicate it using a game executed from Launch Box and MAME64 instead of going through MAMEUI64 to see if the same thing happens or not.

And if I can't get that figured out, I'll work out a test running MAME via command line (I've not tried doing that in over 20 years )

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Has anyone tried to use OBS and MAMEUI64 at the same time? new [Re: Llaffer]
#381524 - 03/14/19 01:29 AM

I typed up a reply but now I don't see it. I'll have to reproduce the problem again so I can see what was output to the console so I can repost it again.

I'm not sure what happened.

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Send PM

#381526 - 03/14/19 02:56 AM

OK. Take two at this.

I ran MAME64 from the command line to have it launch its internal menu, chose a game, let it run for a few seconds, then pressed "EXIT" (button on my controller which is basically ) to get back to the menu and "EXIT" again to go back to the command line. Without OBS running, this worked as expected:

Code:

C:\MAME>mame64
Average speed: 99.99% (8 seconds)

Then I launched OBS and had it up monitoring the display to know what to record if I asked it to do so. Repeated the process as above. When I pressed "EXIT" the first time, MAME64 crashes back to command line with this message:

Code:

Average speed: 100.00% (7 seconds)
Unable to create the Direct3D device (8876086C)
Unable to initialize Direct3D 9
Fatal error: Unable to complete window creation

And then to make sure, I repeated the process with OBS running and the same thing happened:

Code:

Average speed: 100.02% (5 seconds)
Unable to create the Direct3D device (8876086C)
Unable to initialize Direct3D 9
Fatal error: Unable to complete window creation

This behavior is different than what I saw in MAMEUI64 where the app never crashed, but the video frame locked at the last frame that was rendered when I pressed "EXIT". If I held down ALT and pressed TAB to select MAMEUI64, I could see it rendering the normal menu in the thumbnail, but still rendering the last graphics frame from the previous game until I force-quit MAMEUI64.

Thoughts?

Thanks. Hope this write up gets posted properly this time I think last time I previewed it and then moved on without submitting it the second time.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#381528 - 03/14/19 05:23 AM

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Has anyone tried to use OBS and MAMEUI64 at the same time? new [Re: Robbbert]
#381539 - 03/14/19 08:34 PM

> > OK. Take two at this.
> >
> > C:\MAME>mame64
> > Average speed: 100.02% (5 seconds)
> > Unable to create the Direct3D device (8876086C)
> > Unable to initialize Direct3D 9
> > Fatal error: Unable to complete window creation
> >
> > This behavior is different than what I saw in MAMEUI64 where the app never crashed,
> > but the video frame locked at the last frame that was rendered when I pressed
> "EXIT".
> > If I held down ALT and pressed TAB to select MAMEUI64, I could see it rendering the
> > normal menu in the thumbnail, but still rendering the last graphics frame from the
> > previous game until I force-quit MAMEUI64.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> The only thought I have is to try opengl or bgfx instead of direct3d. That at least
> should get you going in MAME64. As for the freeze at the end, I have no idea.

I'm pretty sure the MAME Roulette streams are recorded with OBS so there is no reason it shouldn't work.

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Send PM

#381712 - 03/24/19 10:11 PM

> The only thought I have is to try opengl or bgfx instead of direct3d. That at least
> should get you going in MAME64. As for the freeze at the end, I have no idea.

Sorry for the delay. My computer decided to crap out last week and I finally got it up and running again.

I'm not sure how to set opengl or bgfx. How would I do that, and I can try with my OBS to see if it does the same thing.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 931