View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

tec team
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/19
Send PM

Shopping List Needed
#381151 - 02/18/19 05:46 PM

I am creating a cab with a PC base - mainly classic arcade probably hyper spin or launchbox

want
2 players all buttons needed (not sure how many) 1 spinner 1 rollerball, auto- 4 to 8 way, auto led illumination of buttons usable. want the best authentic control (willing to pay).

I guess I need I-Pac ultimate but after that I'm lost (I'm new to the scene). Not sure about GFX card, like advice on monitor 20", would love a CRT but too big and expensive, would love to have auto rotation for vertical games(don't think that exists). Suspect I will end up with some LED monitor but which one?

Anyone can help create a shopping list for me?

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Shopping List Needed new [Re: tec team]
#381186 - 02/21/19 05:43 AM

Here's a little more than my 2 cents worth on your question:

Your controller set up sounds like a good call.
Your best bet for the equipment is to go with the Ultimarc gear, especially for the auto 4+8 way control you want and all the lighting options you want. It's a bit more pricey but it's good gear, not like the cheap sets you'll find on ebay, amazon & such. There is other good stuff out there just depends on how much time you want to spend shopping around & researching what you want.
By all means find what YOU want, you're the one that is going to be using it all the time!

Yes it sounds like the IPAC Ultimate is the way to go for what you want(that's what I have set up for a system similar to what you described).

GFX card, for MAME you don't need a top of the line but IMO if there is ANY chance that you're going to use this system for other games, get the best card that you can for what you want to spend on it...Just in case...And make sure it's an Nvidia with G-Sync because that leads into the next piece that you'll want...which is...

...a G-SYNC enabled monitor. With that, MAME can run the games at their proper refresh rates automatically...

And that brings us to your auto-rotation of said monitor...
I don't think that Holy Grail has been found yet, at least not in a simple easy to do method. The best solution so far is an Acer Predator -choose your size- monitor. Far & away thee best monitor stand I've ever seen. It's easily moved from horizontal to vertical, & easily adjusted for height. Still not a perfect solution for a cab but doable(I don't like any monitors just because you have to be able to get to it to adjust it which means I can't have the glass on the front of my cab unless I'm leaving it in 1 position for an extended amount of time)...plus the monitor itself is awesome too!(compare the specs)

The G-Sync does add a bit to the cost of the gfx card & monitor(it is a proprietary Nvidia tech) but it is more than worth it for what you get.
A much simpler & more genuine emulation experience.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 883