MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Eric1974
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/24/18
Send PM

Newer Mame Install Games Window Auto Scroll Down Glitch
#380302 - 12/24/18 03:20 PM

Hi all, just curious if anyone else has experienced this glitch with Mame fresh installations before. I have an old 2003 version of Mame (0.77 Nov 11th 2003) that works totally fine. But when I try to install a newer version and go to fire it up for the first time the game window column takes off scrolling down and doesn't stop until it hits the bottom of the list. But the bad thing about it is you can't scroll it back up. It's like my down arrow on the keyboard is stuck but in all actuality it's not. You can drag the side bar to get it to scroll up but as soon as you let off it want's to shoot right back down. Anyone ever have this happen? And is there some type of fix or a goofy bug? My system is a new computer build and is free of any spyware, malware or a virus so I am kind of stuck on this one. Like I said, old 2003 Mame installs and runs totally fine.

Thank you
Eric

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: Newer Mame Install Games Window Auto Scroll Down Glitch new [Re: Eric1974]
#380311 - 12/24/18 11:17 PM

I've never experienced this & I always run the latest versions. And my guess is that no one else has either, since this is the 1st time something like this has been reported. Did you do a clean install? As in you installed the new version in it's own separate directory and nothing from the old version is being used

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#380314 - 12/25/18 01:36 AM

Sounds like what happens if a gamepad is sitting upside down on its analog sticks, however I can't replicate it, MAME won't automatically scroll in the menu on startup unless you hold a button/stick/arrow after it has already loaded. Is this in a cabinet, a standard PC, a laptop or a touch-based mobile device?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#380324 - 12/25/18 07:16 PM

You have a gamepad or other controller hooked up that's reporting off-center. Unplug all of them and MAME should behave normally; you can then plug them back in one at a time to see which one needs a larger dead zone in MAME's settings.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#380327 - 12/25/18 07:22 PM Attachment: Capture.PNG 76 KB (0 downloads)

> Hi all, just curious if anyone else has experienced this glitch with Mame fresh
> installations before. I have an old 2003 version of Mame (0.77 Nov 11th 2003) that
> works totally fine. But when I try to install a newer version and go to fire it up
> for the first time the game window column takes off scrolling down and doesn't stop
> until it hits the bottom of the list. But the bad thing about it is you can't scroll
> it back up. It's like my down arrow on the keyboard is stuck but in all actuality
> it's not. You can drag the side bar to get it to scroll up but as soon as you let off
> it want's to shoot right back down.

Sounds like you might be using MAMEUI. Untick this setting:

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 345 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 758