Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

il_benny
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/14/18
Send PM

HBMAME 0.203 + CLRMamePro Rebuilding Issue with split sets
#379555 - 11/14/18 10:23 AM

Hi all
I missed some release of HBMAME so the other day i started rebuilding the rom with clrmame to update the sets to the latest version

I usually keep the rom in split format but using the last public 0.203 build i found an odd beaviour, the destination folder was over 75gb (and I have stopped clrmame becasue was still running) while rebuilding in merged sets the total size is around 28gb.

I am missing something or it's a bug...ehm a feature?

Regards
D.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: HBMAME 0.203 + CLRMamePro Rebuilding Issue with split sets new [Re: il_benny]
#379556 - 11/14/18 10:37 AM

il_benny
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/14/18
Send PM

Re: HBMAME 0.203 + CLRMamePro Rebuilding Issue with split sets new [Re: Robbbert]
#379557 - 11/14/18 01:15 PM

Hi Robbert
>
> Fully-merged sets is the recommended way. Split sets are far too large.

Yes i know that split sets are less efficent in terms of space, but if you rebuild the full mame sets excluding the chd, the difference between split/merged is barely 3 gb and I was expecting a similar difference with hbmame.

It was like that up to version .196 (or it was .197?) the last full rebuilt i did, so i was expecting a result of 30gb more or less, while 75gb seem a bit weird

D.

(ps sorry for the english )

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Re: HBMAME 0.203 + CLRMamePro Rebuilding Issue with split sets new [Re: il_benny]
#379559 - 11/14/18 04:20 PM

You have to keep in mind that almost all the games included in HBMAME are clones, so if you use the "split" method, thousands of roms will be uselessly duplicated, creating an extraordinarily heavy romset.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

Cananas
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/10/05
Send PM

Re: HBMAME 0.203 + CLRMamePro Rebuilding Issue with split sets new [Re: AntoPISA]
#384844 - 12/29/19 10:08 AM

> You have to keep in mind that almost all the games included in HBMAME are clones, so
> if you use the "split" method, thousands of roms will be uselessly duplicated,
> creating an extraordinarily heavy romset.

I think you are refering to a Non-merge romset, not an split one. The split romset only puts the roms that are different on each file; the common files are always in the parent room.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert 
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1523