MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Pit-Perfect Laserdisc Backups with Domesday Duplicator & LD Decode
#378883 - 10/08/18 09:58 PM

https://youtu.be/klK4UZ5nlqs

fortuna_chan
Por que yo hablo español muy bien.
Reged: 06/01/08
Send PM

Re: Pit-Perfect Laserdisc Backups with Domesday Duplicator & LD Decode new [Re: B2K24]
#378892 - 10/09/18 12:24 AM

This project looks great for the laserdisc games
Decoding the movie in the laserdisc and convert to video with good resolution, small size y great bitrate without lose performance

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

Re: Pit-Perfect Laserdisc Backups with Domesday Duplicator & LD Decode new [Re: B2K24]
#378893 - 10/09/18 12:39 AM

Would be nice to see a video of a LD game captured Space Ace or Dragons Lair. Good to see its coming along though great work & I hope it gets things going for them to be working in MAME.

WarrenO
Daphne dev, LD Archivist
Reged: 08/08/08
Send PM

Re: Pit-Perfect Laserdisc Backups with Domesday Duplicator & LD Decode new [Re: agard]
#378896 - 10/09/18 01:18 AM

> Would be nice to see a video of a LD game captured Space Ace or Dragons Lair. Good to
> see its coming along though great work & I hope it gets things going for them to be
> working in MAME.

I've been experimenting with DdD / ld-decode, and making a comparison clip for some games is on my short list.

The decode software is in heavy WIP mode right now, but as it stands it's already seriously impressive.

How to best use it in MAME is still an open question...

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

Re: Pit-Perfect Laserdisc Backups with Domesday Duplicator & LD Decode new [Re: WarrenO]
#378901 - 10/09/18 02:30 AM

I cant wait to see a clip of a LD game captured & compare it to what I got on daphne emulator.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#378925 - 10/09/18 08:41 PM

Fun fact: Simon (the dude in the lower left) lives all of a 10-minute drive from my place. As cool as all of the stuff in the background looks, his whole place is like seventeen thousand times even cooler in person.

I got the chance to hang out with him for a bit a couple weeks ago and take both of his actual Domesday systems for a spin. Dude is totally chill, an absolute genius when it comes to both software and hardware, and is passionate about preservation to rival even the most hardcore MAME dev.

In short, he's good people and I have zero doubt that between him, Warren, Matt, Chad, and everyone else, that this whole thing will be a resounding success.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Re: Pit-Perfect Laserdisc Backups with Domesday Duplicator & LD Decode new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#378929 - 10/10/18 01:31 PM

I would love to play Time Traveler. I've never had the chance to play it back in the day and it seemed to be a good game.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Pit-Perfect Laserdisc Backups with Domesday Duplicator & LD Decode new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#378938 - 10/11/18 07:25 AM

> I would love to play Time Traveler. I've never had the chance to play it back in the
> day and it seemed to be a good game.

It's moderately entertaining, and fairly forgiving for a Laserdisc game (you can accumulate time skips, then use them to redo segments that you mess up), but it still suffers from lack of gameplay. The entire game is a series of Quicktime events where you have to hit the correct input at the correct moment. You don't get much more out of playing the game than from watching a playthough on YouTube.

MetalGod
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/26/18
Send PM

Re: Pit-Perfect Laserdisc Backups with Domesday Duplicator & LD Decode new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#378943 - 10/11/18 12:47 PM

> I would love to play Time Traveler. I've never had the chance to play it back in the day and it seemed to be a good game.

There's a version created by RDG.

Edited by MetalGod (10/11/18 02:19 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 424 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1137