MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Reverse Fundraiser: Who wants to hang glide into giant tea cups?
#377686 - 07/20/18 02:36 AM

I'm sure you are wondering what a "reverse fundraiser" is. Well a few weeks ago we had a successful fundraiser for 2 games, but when the 1980s one arrived, it was broken with one of the main rom chips fried dead. But fortunately I got a full refund so we didn't lose any money at all (even got the shipping costs refunded). So now I am working to get some interesting things with that money, and I will credit everyone who donated then on the games we get with the money.

The first game we got with some of the money (and some help from ShouTime) is the ultra rare Sega ST-V game Sky Challenger.

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm16757235

JustNiz
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/29/15
Send PM

Re: DU Reverse Fundraiser: Who wants to hang glide into giant tea cups? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#377687 - 07/20/18 02:39 AM

Are you able to tell us what was the broken 80's game you originally got?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: DU Reverse Fundraiser: Who wants to hang glide into giant tea cups? new [Re: JustNiz]
#377688 - 07/20/18 02:42 AM

I don't want to do it in public right now because the seller tried to fight me on eBay and lost and I'm positive he's sore about it and might want revenge so it's not really worth complicating that situation right now.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU Reverse Fundraiser: Who wants to hang glide into giant tea cups? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#377689 - 07/20/18 03:41 AM

> I'm sure you are wondering what a "reverse fundraiser" is. Well a few weeks ago we
> had a successful fundraiser for 2 games, but when the 1980s one arrived, it was
> broken with one of the main rom chips fried dead. But fortunately I got a full refund
> so we didn't lose any money at all (even got the shipping costs refunded). So now I
> am working to get some interesting things with that money, and I will credit everyone
> who donated then on the games we get with the money.
>
> The first game we got with some of the money (and some help from ShouTime) is the
> ultra rare Sega ST-V game Sky Challenger.
>
>
> http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm16757235

I wonder how many of these 30 second ticket redemption games Sega made for STV

Also wonder if this one uses the standard bios or expects a custom specific on that we don't have like one of the others Shou dumped (which checks for a (c)2000 BIOS too)

Judging by arcades today and the number of ticket games like this which seem to change every few months I guess there are probably hundreds even from the period.

F1ReB4LL
Reged: 03/09/05
Send PM

#377806 - 07/26/18 08:37 AM

Does anyone know the meaning of those circles glued on many Japanese second-hand games (console, arcade, computer ones)? I've seen green, yellow, red and blue.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 552 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1048