View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Avenger
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/08/09
Send PM

Way to find out CHDs for working ROMs?
#377016 - 06/19/18 10:34 PM

I am looking to reduce the disk space footprint for a portable windows 10 system. I want all the .198 ROMS possible but want to weed out the CHD's that are non working. I am not very good with the command line commands. Can someone help me put together a command sequence that would give me this information? Thanks.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Way to find out CHDs for working ROMs? new [Re: Avenger]
#377018 - 06/20/18 03:19 AM

Maybe the easiest way to get something sort of like that is to use http://arcade.mameworld.info/ since it makes an effort to not include nonworking stuff.

Avenger
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Way to find out CHDs for working ROMs? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#377028 - 06/20/18 04:23 PM

> Maybe the easiest way to get something sort of like that is to use
> http://arcade.mameworld.info/ since it makes an effort to not include nonworking
> stuff.

How would I use the executable to get a list of working CHDs? Sorry for my lack of technical knowledge.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#377029 - 06/20/18 04:28 PM

I'm basically suggesting using it as your mame in conjunction with clrmame and then use clrmame to just build an "arcade" rom set. Theoretically that would cut a lot of what you want cut.

There might be some working/not working dat file that you could sort games by in a frontend and then manually delete the non working but I don't know.

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

#377030 - 06/20/18 04:36 PM

but since there is no real reliable "working set" indicator in MAME's -listxml output, clrmamepro won't help him that much.....

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Way to find out CHDs for working ROMs? new [Re: Roman]
#377031 - 06/20/18 04:41 PM

I'm saying it would if notworking sets were manually removed before arcade is compiled as suggested on its webpage but I don't know the extent of what he's done, maybe it's just an automated process based on mame's flag, I don't know.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#377033 - 06/20/18 08:48 PM

> I am looking to reduce the disk space footprint for a portable windows 10 system. I
> want all the .198 ROMS possible but want to weed out the CHD's that are non working.
> I am not very good with the command line commands. Can someone help me put together a
> command sequence that would give me this information? Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about a command sequence but you can use QMC2 as a resource of information.

QMC2 allows you to align the game listing based on parameters such as rom type or driver status. You can choose it to collapse clones or have it show everything in the listing.

From there you can manually look and decide what you're interested in and what you want to download.

https://imgur.com/a/14Rw0Uq

Avenger
MAME Fan
Send PM

#377034 - 06/20/18 09:20 PM

Yeah that DAT file is what I am looking for. My front end has the option to exclude non-working ROMs and even has a category for CHD games so it is filtering it somehow. I may ask on the front end site. Come to think of it I have a list of the games that I can see in the GUI (about 120 CHD games). But I need something to map the games full name to the file name. Like Gauntlet Legends is one of the games that works. Does one of the mame dat files map the title to the file name like glegends.zip (just guessing). I just want to put the working CHDs on my portable and delete the rest.

Avenger
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Way to find out CHDs for working ROMs? new [Re: B2K24]
#377064 - 06/22/18 02:26 AM

> > I am looking to reduce the disk space footprint for a portable windows 10 system. I
> > want all the .198 ROMS possible but want to weed out the CHD's that are non
> working.
> > I am not very good with the command line commands. Can someone help me put together
> a
> > command sequence that would give me this information? Thanks.
>
> I wouldn't worry about a command sequence but you can use QMC2 as a resource of
> information.
>
> QMC2 allows you to align the game listing based on parameters such as rom type or
> driver status. You can choose it to collapse clones or have it show everything in the
> listing.
>
> From there you can manually look and decide what you're interested in and what you
> want to download.
>
> https://imgur.com/a/14Rw0Uq

Thank you for this. It helps a lot.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 329 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 723