MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

The is the single worst song I've ever heard in my life
#376075 - 05/10/18 03:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDo0H8Fm7d0

It's the worst song I've ever heard and a prime example of the worst music genre ever created (cliche country with ghetto rap drums).

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

so yeh, you're not gonna believe this one... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376081 - 05/10/18 07:35 PM

back in january, i had to leave our yearly work conference at a rented venue and walk through an outdoor avenue shopping center to get to a hardware store to pick up shit for later that night.

this was playing on the pa out in the streets (i didn't know what it was at the time) and i got teary-eyed. i was also dealing with personal shit. and... i was also on some substances.

your call.

i learned everything i know from KC

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

That’s $0.69 well spent right there new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376083 - 05/10/18 08:03 PM Attachment: 14B46486-B787-4A5F-9DB2-AAEA261FDD84.png 2571 KB (0 downloads)

Imma rap it up for your b-day, Smitty.

[There's no sarcasm font, so there's that]

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Edited by Gatinho (05/14/18 03:22 AM)

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

You should listen to more music... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376085 - 05/10/18 11:04 PM

There's a shit-ton more puke out there much worse than this.

Have you ever heard the song "Wonderful Christmas Time" by the Paul McCartney?

I'll stick a SOB over playing that crap!

How about these guys?

The Beach Boys = LOL!

The Beatles = Massively Overrated

The Black Keys = Forgettable generic Bar background music.

Foo Fighters = Screaming with some people in the background attempting to play instruments.

Metallica = Over-played, Nerve grating.

Halestorm = "I'm a mean bitch and if you hurt me, I'll gouge your eyes out and stomp on your balls with my stilettos."

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: You should listen to more music... new [Re: DiodeDude]
#376089 - 05/11/18 03:21 AM

I don't think those examples are necessarily good ones to make any sort of point in regard to differing band quality vs. their success (but I don't know which songs Halestorm sings but I've heard entire offices' track lists and tops etc for a while).

I haven't heard that McCartney song but after he played with Rihanna on her "tough black street girl" bullshit "wilding" song I have no interest in hearing any new music from him because he's clearly lost it. The Beatles were a great band though and Brian Wilson was a talented song writer ahead of his time also dealing with the time and his band members.

Bands are slightly different subject from single songs. If you have some specific hit song that is worse than this then list that instead of bands.

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

Just saying I've heard far worse than the tune in question new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376096 - 05/11/18 04:22 PM

It's all subjective I guess.

HADOUKEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4r79mfFN9s

Edited by vram74 (05/11/18 04:32 PM)

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#376143 - 05/13/18 08:16 PM

> There's a shit-ton more puke out there much worse than this.
>
> Have you ever heard the song "Wonderful Christmas Time" by the Paul McCartney?
>
> I'll stick a SOB over playing that crap!
>
>
> How about these guys?
>
>
> The Beach Boys = LOL!
>
> The Beatles = Massively Overrated
>
> The Black Keys = Forgettable generic Bar background music.
>
> Foo Fighters = Screaming with some people in the background attempting to play
> instruments.
>
> Metallica = Over-played, Nerve grating.
>
> Halestorm = "I'm a mean bitch and if you hurt me, I'll gouge your eyes out and stomp
> on your balls with my stilettos."

You left out Pearl Jam

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: You should listen to more music... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376148 - 05/13/18 08:59 PM

> I don't think those examples are necessarily good ones to make any sort of point in
> regard to differing band quality vs. their success (but I don't know which songs
> Halestorm sings but I've heard entire offices' track lists and tops etc for a while).
>
>
> I haven't heard that McCartney song but after he played with Rihanna on her "tough
> black street girl" bullshit "wilding" song I have no interest in hearing any new
> music from him because he's clearly lost it. The Beatles were a great band though and
> Brian Wilson was a talented song writer ahead of his time also dealing with the time
> and his band members.
>
> Bands are slightly different subject from single songs. If you have some specific hit
> song that is worse than this then list that instead of bands.

Speaking of McCartney, him and Lennon apparently have the world record for top singles for a songwriting duo. 56 of them or so.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: You should listen to more music... new [Re: GatKong]
#376230 - 05/16/18 03:58 PM

> You left out Pearl Jam

I think you mean "Hyeeeeeahhhhhhhhuuuuuaooooohhhhh, a-Pearl-a Jayum-uh, h'awwyeauh", which is what literally every one of their fucking songs sounds like.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

lmao. nt new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#376234 - 05/16/18 09:02 PM

i learned everything i know from KC

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#376412 - 05/25/18 11:59 PM

The studio albums are like that, they sound a lot better live (ignoring the shit quality crowd-recorded stuff and the shit quality audio compression YouTube does to everything).

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Send PM

#376415 - 05/26/18 12:28 AM

> There's a shit-ton more puke out there much worse than this.
>
> Have you ever heard the song "Wonderful Christmas Time" by the Paul McCartney?
>
> I'll stick a SOB over playing that crap!
>
>
> How about these guys?
>
>
> The Beach Boys = LOL!
>
> The Beatles = Massively Overrated
>
> The Black Keys = Forgettable generic Bar background music.
>
> Foo Fighters = Screaming with some people in the background attempting to play
> instruments.
>
>
> Halestorm = "I'm a mean bitch and if you hurt me, I'll gouge your eyes out and stomp
> on your balls with my stilettos."

What about The Police / Sting?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Send PM

Re: You should listen to more music... new [Re: Master O]
#376419 - 05/26/18 03:16 AM

> What about The Police / Sting?

Or [insert shart music here].

No, that's not a typo. Shart music is the mass-produced shit farted out by the big-dollar record labels a song a minute in order to make a quick buck or billion. Record vocals, electronically adapt vocals via autotune/vocoder to match preexisting dance track templates, ???, profit!

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Send PM

Re: You should listen to more music... new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#376421 - 05/26/18 03:54 AM

> > What about The Police / Sting?
>
> Or [insert shart music here].
>
> No, that's not a typo. Shart music is the mass-produced shit farted out by the
> big-dollar record labels a song a minute in order to make a quick buck or billion.
> Record vocals, electronically adapt vocals via autotune/vocoder to match preexisting
> dance track templates, ???, profit!

So what's an example of a good band to you, out of curiosity?

"Note to Noobs:

C.D.~"

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Send PM

#376422 - 05/26/18 05:41 AM

> > > What about The Police / Sting?
> >
> > Or [insert shart music here].
> >
> > No, that's not a typo. Shart music is the mass-produced shit farted out by the
> > big-dollar record labels a song a minute in order to make a quick buck or billion.
> > Record vocals, electronically adapt vocals via autotune/vocoder to match
> preexisting
> > dance track templates, ???, profit!
>
> So what's an example of a good band to you, out of curiosity?

I honestly wouldn't know these days, some songs are catchy, others just drag on, others make me want to cover my ears due to the bass overpowering everything else (whether it be dance, R&B, rap or whatever, it doesn't even have to be the constant nightclub style thump, thump, thump, thump, thump at all). If it's the same type of "music" from X-Factor/Idol etc., chances are it sounds like shit and I want to puke. I grew up listening to a band that everyone hates so I can't say anything. The text above my avatar says all.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Send PM

Re: You should listen to more music... new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#376423 - 05/26/18 06:57 AM

> > Metallica = Over-played, Nerve grating.
>
> The studio albums are like that, they sound a lot better live (ignoring the shit
> quality crowd-recorded stuff and the shit quality audio compression YouTube does to
> everything).

Metallica was always metal for people who don't really know metal, like Moët is Champagne for people who don't really know Champagne. TBH it's just boring. Lars Ulrich could be replaced with a metronome, his drumming is just so plain. I mean the speed he gets is impressive, but it's just not interesting.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#376443 - 05/26/18 11:04 PM

> So what's an example of a good band to you, out of curiosity?

Here's something good. Charm, attitude and musicians that can really play.

Careful playing this at work or around intolerant people

S

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 876