Pages: 1

Love Rhino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/06/18
Send PM

J-pac /mini-pac question
#376029 - 05/06/18 07:07 PM

Hi everyone!

Complete and total newbie here. My user name should be: 1000 mistakes.

I had some problems getting screen image in my Mame machine, and through research found out it was Jamma compatible. I got a j-pac and i finally have a screen image.

However, the panel has 2 joysticks, 6 buttons per player, a spinner and a trackball.

I previously had ordered a mini-pac and wiring harness to hook up the control panel. Would I be able to use the J-pac for only video, and the minipac for everything else? It would be a lot easier to just use the harness.

Do I have to use the j-pac for joystick 1-2 and such?

Thank you so much if you know this answer, I want to make sure things will work before I start it.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: J-pac /mini-pac question new [Re: Love Rhino]
#376032 - 05/06/18 11:34 PM

You *could* use the JPAC for only video, but then you'd have to re-wire the joysticks and buttons on your control panel to go to the mini-PAC.

Why not just use the mini-PAC for ONLY the spinner and trackball and leave the joysticks and buttons going through the JAMMA harness and JPAC? Your joysticks and buttons should be already working through the JPAC.

That will save you a lot of unnecessary re-wiring. Why re-wire when you don't have to? Plus, if you keep the JAMMA harness joystick and button wiring intact, you have the option of running real JAMMA games in the cabinet in the future if you choose.

Are your trackball and spinner standard arcade-style optical devices (i.e. not USB)?
Then a better choice than the mini-PAC would probably be the Opti-PAC...
http://www.ultimarc.com/optipac1.html

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Love Rhino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/06/18
Send PM

Re: J-pac /mini-pac question new [Re: krick]
#376037 - 05/07/18 07:59 AM

Thank you for the answer! I already have the wiring harness for the minipac, so it helps me out that way. I've got everything up and running on the panel except the u-trak, which won't go to the right .

Thanks again!

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 945