MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Star Trek Quiz
#375224 - 03/30/18 02:54 PM

Brian Troha dumped a Time Killers board with the roms split differently and coolmod did the same with an Enduro Racer set that was split differently. Asure dumped the hard drive for Photoplay 2003 (NL) and with some help from rtw and Klaus picked up 4 Photoplay disks including one with Star Trek - The Quiz Game.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: DU: Star Trek Quiz new [Re: Smitdogg]
#375234 - 03/30/18 08:39 PM

> Brian Troha dumped a Time Killers board with the roms split differently and coolmod
> did the same with an Enduro Racer set that was split differently. Asure dumped the
> hard drive for Photoplay 2003 (NL) and with some help from rtw and Klaus picked up 4
> Photoplay disks including one with Star Trek - The Quiz Game.

That Update 99 disc says the WWF content is not available in all countries. Does that mean the software would just not run or allow installation if the bios or country was set a certain way? That's really curious.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Star Trek Quiz new [Re: Foxhack]
#375235 - 03/30/18 09:00 PM

> > Brian Troha dumped a Time Killers board with the roms split differently and coolmod
> > did the same with an Enduro Racer set that was split differently. Asure dumped the
> > hard drive for Photoplay 2003 (NL) and with some help from rtw and Klaus picked up
> 4
> > Photoplay disks including one with Star Trek - The Quiz Game.
>
> That Update 99 disc says the WWF content is not available in all countries. Does that
> mean the software would just not run or allow installation if the bios or country was
> set a certain way? That's really curious.

I imagine it's just like the Megatouch stuff, the CDs will upgrade existing HDD images (and maybe require activation / a new dongle) but if the base HDD region / dongle is of a certain region then various options aren't available, it likely all gets installed tho.

It allowed them to keep inline with different regulations / licensing agreements in different countries / states etc.

I think it's one of the issue some of the Megatouch stuff has right now, it's a bit confused about the region and game enables because the keys are faked.

Once MAME documents the various CDs, HDDs and dongles it will all likely become clearer tho.

There are Golden Tee Fore! upgrade CDs that MAME doesn't support yet too (although you have to activate with IT after using them, so they're kinda useless) I think those should probably be added as Software List options in the driver tho, so people curious about them can try the manual upgrades. Upgrade roms for Gauntlet Legends etc. were added as alt bios sets, but again might be more logical to use the Software Lists there too.

tedgreen
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/04/15
Send PM

Re: DU: Star Trek Quiz new [Re: Haze]
#375236 - 03/30/18 09:08 PM

Quote:

There are Golden Tee Fore! upgrade CDs that MAME doesn't support yet too

What do you mean? Have you tried the mounting the update cd?

Edited by tedgreen (03/30/18 09:10 PM)

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Star Trek Quiz new [Re: tedgreen]
#375252 - 03/31/18 04:09 AM

> There are Golden Tee Fore! upgrade CDs that MAME doesn't support yet too
> What do you mean? Have you tried the mounting the update cd?

last time I tried I got an error, couldn't detect the CD properly.

if it's meant to work, and there are CHD images that do actually install properly then they should definitely be added to the software lists so that people can run the process if they want to.

Asure
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/29/04
Loc: Nederland
Send PM

It's not a quiz about Doink and The Undertaker. There's Pandas involved. new [Re: Foxhack]
#375260 - 03/31/18 11:29 AM

> That Update 99 disc says the WWF content is not available in all countries. Does that
> mean the software would just not run or allow installation if the bios or country was
> set a certain way? That's really curious.

I got my hopes up like many others, this had to be a WWF Wrestlemania Quiz right?

I have build harddisks of the cd-roms and the assets for WWF are included (it's a dos-based disk), but the game is not visible in the menu. DBF files control what appears, and WWF is enabled for DUT and GER. Star trek is visible, but it's not playable. We need to read the DS1982 security 1-wire 'key' which i also secured yesterday.

There should be a German or at least AT region CD set for each of the disks in the screenshot. Possibly a Moorhuhn shooting game in the german set as well

Update 99 = 7700060 - 99NL
Update 2K = 7702000 - 00NL
Update 01 = 7702001 - 01NL (Does a 00 exist?)
IGO Ed.1 = 7702002 - 02NL (Does a 01 exist?)

There are older and other revisions, and i have not figured out what dictates 'region' in these cd's/hdds. It's not the dongle or dallas that does this.

@Haze: The hardware looks 99.9% a Megatouch XL, except it runs of hard drive, is a 486 dx4/100, and the touchscreen is on com3 (hardcoded in the exe's).

The cd-roms are intended to run off a service box, which is an ultra cheap pc with no screen. It just formats the hdd and copies the content from the cd to it.
Update 2002+ cd-roms are bootable.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 638