View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

usaohmmeters
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/29/18
Send PM

Sticky Ultimarc Controllers
#375185 - 03/29/18 03:07 AM

So a few years back I build a cabinet and used Ultimarc digital controllers...they started being sticky and not feeling "fluid" in moving them. Now with my son being a good age to start arcade gaming...I would like to resolve this issue. I just took it fully apart and it "seemed" to help for about 3 or 4 games of Ms.PAc Man...then sticky again. Both of my controllers do this. Cabinet is inside my house with an AC temp of always being 72-73 degrees year round (Florida).

These are the controllers I have: http://www.ultimarc.com/ultrastik_info.html

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you kindly!

*Edit*
Sticky: able to move the joystick to any corner and it doesnt "bounce back" to center position.

Edited by usaohmmeters (03/29/18 03:08 AM)

usaohmmeters
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Sticky Ultimarc Controllers new [Re: usaohmmeters]
#375295 - 04/02/18 05:43 AM

No thoughts....hrmmm...

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Sticky Ultimarc Controllers new [Re: usaohmmeters]
#375337 - 04/03/18 05:35 AM

I don't think there are too many people around here with those so it's a little hard to troubleshoot unfamiliar hardware.

My suggestions:

-Have you tried on BYOAC?
-Have you gotten in contact with Andy@Ultimarc?

GL!

Keep checking back. Someone out there has got to know...

Do you have it set to "sticky" or centered? It looks like there are a few different settings for the "cells" (zones) the joystick moves in & that it needs to be set a certain way to work how you want it to...Are you using the maps along with it? Not sure how they work but it might be something you can check...Hope that helps a bit...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

usaohmmeters
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Sticky Ultimarc Controllers new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#375367 - 04/04/18 04:48 AM

Gotcha and thanks for the reply. No I havent reached out to Andy just yet. I am not apposed to just replacing them and buying some more current ones if needed. But in theory they have under MAYBE 10 hours of play on each of them. What the current joystick that most are using?

Map is proper...but when I press to any angle...it doesnt retract back to mid_point. I am not aware of any set "sticky" setting to adjust. I'll sent Andy an email but if any suggested joysticks are out there...im all ears.

Thank you kindly!

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1086