MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Photoplay
#374494 - 03/09/18 04:11 AM Attachment: menu_007.png 110 KB (4 downloads)

Asure dumped hard drives of Photoplay 2006 DE IGO6 "The touch of sports" and Photoplay 2002 BE IGO2 "Fun Energy 2" and Photoplay 2007 AT IGO7 "The touch of sports" and did some work on getting other Photoplay dumps ready for mame.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/19/17
Send PM

Re: DU: Photoplay new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374516 - 03/09/18 09:22 PM

GREAAAAAAAAT!
The only Touchscreen game,we had in Greece,before the Government forbid all arcades game,in about 2000!!!!!!!!
Thanks a million to all people make this happens!

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: DU: Photoplay new [Re: nikolas1960]
#374527 - 03/10/18 12:03 AM

>The only Touchscreen game,we had in Greece,before the Government forbid all arcades game,in about 2000!

Pete (Pete / kastellorizo / kazzy) could relate to that
[also a Greece native] because he was pissed off about what happened back then and had
commented on it several times back in early years of MW (2001 to 2003). He recalled
playing a bootleg version of Tehkan World Cup which Pete is certain the bootleg romset
version is not yet supported in MAME. The specific bootleg version allowed players to do
moves that are not done in current supported Tehkan World Cup rom sets. iirc that was the
only thing left on Pete's wishlist ...that is if the specific Tehkan World Cup bootleg pcb
can ever be found. And also Sega Borderline discrete audio be emulated, but that is a
netlist code project which there are very few that can do that type of emulation work.

--
*Nostalgia post stuff etc.*

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

Pete is on far left holding a Borderline manual since it is his favorite vicdual hardware
game (Dec. 2006 soCali MAME meet went to Round Table pizza and also to Camelot miniature
golf course for arcade games), David/Zephyr, Mr. Do, and me with Frogs manual since Frogs
is my favorite vicdual hardware game.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/userfiles/238168-100_0880_big.jpg

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

#374551 - 03/10/18 12:24 PM

Thanks for your answer Gregores!
The low was set in 2002 February,and all the places we can found arcades,were closed!
They wanted to forbid the "fruit machines",but because some people can change classic arcades,to fruit machines,they forbid all of them!!!!!
European community ask too take back the law,they put a penalty for it,and we had already pay more than 35 million euros as a fine!!!!!!!!

Yes,i like also Borderline,and there is a sample,not so perfect,like the sound in console.
Also i will like the sound or just samples for games like SEGA's Digger,or even Universal's devil zone,and Magical spot,and the not so important to me,Daehyun's Pipeline!
But i know all that stuff needs time,and they are not an easy thing!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Updates new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374733 - 03/15/18 05:25 AM Attachment: menu_016.png 133 KB (1 downloads)

Asure dumped Photoplay 2001 (NL) (Protected version) and figured out some protection information on the hardware.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Updates new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374746 - 03/15/18 10:19 AM

I saw a cracked version of this ,working on dosbox...
Also if i may ask,is this protection information useful,for the first 2000 version?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Updates new [Re: nikolas1960]
#374749 - 03/15/18 02:02 PM

I don't know.

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Updates new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374757 - 03/15/18 07:01 PM

Thank you!
I understand that it is to early,to have something 100% sure!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Updates March 24 new [Re: Smitdogg]
#375073 - 03/24/18 03:57 PM

More updates from Asure

-Photoplay 2008 ES IGO8 hard drive dumped
-figured out some information on how the touch screen works (can run on 3M Microtouch touchscreen emulator in Python)
-Photoplay 2005 (AT) hard drive dumped
-Photoplay 2003 (AT) hard drive dumped

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Updates April 5 new [Re: Smitdogg]
#375386 - 04/05/18 09:01 PM

Asure has kept steadily working on Photoplay updates including:

Photoplay 2.0
Photoplay Junior 1.5
Photoplay IGO01
stack of new disks that include "Snake II"

and Photoplay mame driver work.

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Updates April 5 new [Re: Smitdogg]
#375409 - 04/06/18 10:12 AM

What an Easter egg,for me!

THANKS TO YOU ALL!

Asure
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/29/04
Loc: Nederland
Send PM

Re: Updates April 5 *wip video* new [Re: nikolas1960]
#375410 - 04/06/18 12:46 PM

I should explain a bit about my love-hate relationship with these machines. Back in the day, around'98 and '99 the arcades in my country were becoming less and less popular. They only had lots of gambling games and maybe two pins in the end. Arcade games were no longer profitable with the rise in better home gaming hardware. The last few Streetfighter ' II machines in my local cafeteria and pub were replaced with Photoplay terminals. I was pissed. It was Photoplay's fault they removed my sf2!!! 20 Years later, i came to exact my revenge and dump all of them.

During my research i became fascinated with these games, and they earned my respect. Many of the harddisks i dumped showed a story of entertainment and love. . No not really. They showed a money hungry operator can make thousands with these little pc based magic machines. Bookkeeping is intact in many of them, and you can see they brought in at least a thousand per month on good locations. I have one machine with a hardware coin cointer sitting around 67.000 coins in. That $30.000. At least now i know why they replaced the Street Fighter machines.

And as anyone with a love for modern electronic antiques: These have (at least) a pretty 486DX4/100 inside.. who can resist that?

I have some form of driver working in at586, but it's not a quality one and more of a hack.
I hope to find some time to get it in a decent shape and maybe even submit it one day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKl12bv9og&feature=youtu.be

I still need to add proper touch handling to the microtouch driver as well. That's why i use 'dostouch' as this is working and the 2001 image used supports 'real' mouse input.

Edit: "operator can MAKE 1000's".

Edited by Asure (04/08/18 05:31 PM)

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: Updates April 5 *wip video* new [Re: Asure]
#375411 - 04/06/18 02:07 PM

> I should explain a bit about my love-hate relationship with these machines. Back in
> the day, around'98 and '99 the arcades in my country were becoming less and less
> popular. They only had lots of gambling games and maybe two pins in the end. Arcade
> games were no longer profitable with the rise in better home gaming hardware. The
> last few Streetfighter ' II machines in my local cafeteria and pub were replaced with
> Photoplay terminals. I was pissed. It was Photoplay's fault they removed my sf2!!! 20
> Years later, i came to exact my revenge and dump all of them.
>
> During my research i became fascinated with these games, and they earned my respect.
> Many of the harddisks i dumped showed a story of entertainment and love. . No not
> really. They showed a money hungry operator can mame thousands with these little pc
> based magic machines. Bookkeeping is intact in many of them, and you can see they
> brought in at least a thousand per month on good locations. I have one machine with a
> hardware coin cointer sitting around 67.000 coins in. That $30.000. At least now i
> know why they replaced the Street Fighter machines.
>
> And as anyone with a love for modern electronic antiques: These have (at least) a
> pretty 486DX4/100 inside.. who can resist that?
>
> I have some form of driver working in at586, but it's not a quality one and more of a
> hack.
> I hope to find some time to get it in a decent shape and maybe even submit it one day
>
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKl12bv9og&feature=youtu.be
>
> I still need to add proper touch handling to the microtouch driver as well. That's
> why i use 'dostouch' as this is working and the 2001 image used supports 'real' mouse
> input.

You are doing a good job emulating/preserving these so called arcade machines. These are a part of the gaming history and their place is in MAME, but only for that : being in arcades in the early 2000's and only for that !
I am not telling this because of their hardware (PC), but for choosing simple games (Windows/Dos built-in games) without any effort for making a real arcade games which happened latter with appearance of Taito Type X/X2 machines. Many people would rather see these games working in MAME instead of this sh*t !

P.S. I am speaking this from the aspect of a gamer and playability of the mentioned games and of course I appreciate Your work on this driver. Cheers !

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Updates April 5 *wip video* new [Re: CTOJAH]
#375412 - 04/06/18 02:28 PM

Τhanks a million ASURE,for your great job!
This photoplay 2.0 Smitdogg mention,(is it the same with photoplay 2000 v 2.01 ,the one in MAME?),it seems to be the one i used to play in Greece,the year before our government decide to forbid all arcades!This
I found 2001 version,but for a strange reason they had removed a few great games the older version had!
Puzzle,shuffle as an example,i remember for sure!
I just also to ask,if there was a master mind like game in this one!
MY COPLIMENTS MY FRIEND!

PS just my anxiety,could these older versions ,be in MAME as working soon?

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Updates April 5 *wip video* new [Re: CTOJAH]
#375413 - 04/06/18 02:39 PM

> > I should explain a bit about my love-hate relationship with these machines. Back in
> > the day, around'98 and '99 the arcades in my country were becoming less and less
> > popular. They only had lots of gambling games and maybe two pins in the end. Arcade
> > games were no longer profitable with the rise in better home gaming hardware. The
> > last few Streetfighter ' II machines in my local cafeteria and pub were replaced
> with
> > Photoplay terminals. I was pissed. It was Photoplay's fault they removed my sf2!!!
> 20
> > Years later, i came to exact my revenge and dump all of them.
> >
> > During my research i became fascinated with these games, and they earned my
> respect.
> > Many of the harddisks i dumped showed a story of entertainment and love. . No not
> > really. They showed a money hungry operator can mame thousands with these little pc
> > based magic machines. Bookkeeping is intact in many of them, and you can see they
> > brought in at least a thousand per month on good locations. I have one machine with
> a
> > hardware coin cointer sitting around 67.000 coins in. That $30.000. At least now i
> > know why they replaced the Street Fighter machines.
> >
> > And as anyone with a love for modern electronic antiques: These have (at least) a
> > pretty 486DX4/100 inside.. who can resist that?
> >
> > I have some form of driver working in at586, but it's not a quality one and more of
> a
> > hack.
> > I hope to find some time to get it in a decent shape and maybe even submit it one
> day
> >
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKl12bv9og&feature=youtu.be
> >
> > I still need to add proper touch handling to the microtouch driver as well. That's
> > why i use 'dostouch' as this is working and the 2001 image used supports 'real'
> mouse
> > input.
>
>
> You are doing a good job emulating/preserving these so called arcade machines. These
> are a part of the gaming history and their place is in MAME, but only for that :
> being in arcades in the early 2000's and only for that !
> I am not telling this because of their hardware (PC), but for choosing simple games
> (Windows/Dos built-in games) without any effort for making a real arcade games which
> happened latter with appearance of Taito Type X/X2 machines. Many people would rather
> see these games working in MAME instead of this sh*t !
>

These are vastly more interesting than anything that was released on X/X2, so take your 'shit' comments and stuff them somewhere else.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: What's wrong with You Sir ??? new [Re: Haze]
#375414 - 04/06/18 02:59 PM

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

you new [Re: CTOJAH]
#375416 - 04/06/18 03:38 PM

you always do this

you put down the work others are doing because it doesn't meet your criteria, you brand things outright 'shit' because they're not current warez, or popular cookie cutter titles

you repeat these patterns again and again

these things are rare, this work is important, and frankly these are interesting titles that appear to have exclusive licenses of various IP associated with them making them not only an important part of the story of arcade games, but also use of popular IP in general.

they're not 'no effort' titles just because they're puzzle games etc.

this "that's ok, but really it's shit and would be better if you were doing type X" attitude is just horrible to read and you seem to be a big source of it, every single time there's WIP you seem to be asking for something more, or newer, or that you perceive to be 'better'.

how about just saying thank you, and leaving it at that.

this work is EXACTLY what MAME should be doing at this point in time, it fits very well with the curve is terms of what is possible in MAME at the moment, and it's also important that they get done soon before all resources are lost.

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

Wow new [Re: Haze]
#375421 - 04/06/18 04:45 PM

Hah yeah, I had roughly the same reaction reading his maligned dribble as I'm sure many others did.. we all know him well enough to know by now he's for real - not trolling - but surely nobody is THAT ignorant and ungrateful? And yet we rub our eyes and his comments are still there. After all the time he's spent on this board you'd think he'd get it by now. Quite a shame we have such a demotivating spirit on here though at least there's silver lining that it weakens the chance anyone will look into Type X if for no other reason than to deprive him of his historically-bland toys.

Asure
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Wow new [Re: Shoegazr]
#375422 - 04/06/18 05:05 PM

> Hah yeah, I had roughly the same reaction reading his maligned dribble as I'm sure
> many others did.. we all know him well enough to know by now he's for real - not
> trolling - but surely nobody is THAT ignorant and ungrateful? And yet we rub our eyes
> and his comments are still there. After all the time he's spent on this board you'd
> think he'd get it by now. Quite a shame we have such a demotivating spirit on here
> though at least there's silver lining that it weakens the chance anyone will look
> into Type X if for no other reason than to deprive him of his historically-bland
> toys.

I was hating these machines in a similar way so I can see where he's coming from. Still you got to respect a company that makes a game system which can earn it's owner 60k+ during its lifetime. My Astros have less on the coin counter. And they did it for a long time with "shitty" 486 clone cheap hardware as long as they could. They only went to higher specs when they could no longer get the old cpus.

As for games, they were everywhere and played a lot so there are many people who think otherwise of the quality of them. I love the find-it and Shanghai games, so do my daughter and wife. Combined with the quiz games and Nokia's snake game, they make in interesting millennial time capsule.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: Wow new [Re: Shoegazr]
#375423 - 04/06/18 05:08 PM

You don't have to suck Hazes dick just to show how much lowly You are to him.
My post was about THE games mentioned, not about the WIP.
How and where do You see my ungratefulness ?
About Type X/X2 games : They are already ALL playable by using loader some people did, MAME with its correctness/true emulation strategy will catch up latter (if ever) and I am fine with that. I never asked for someone to make these games playable in MAME.
I am very grateful to everyone who worked/works on MAME drivers including Haze, who knows how to write those lines of code (C++ or whatever) but as a common man He is a pitiful little man which desperately needs some love.
Hey Haze, someone out there must be loving You, perhaps its only Your mother ?! but hey - try harder to be more polite and bring down Your ego from heavens.

Asure
MAME Fan
Send PM

#375424 - 04/06/18 05:10 PM

> Τhanks a million ASURE,for your great job!
> This photoplay 2.0 Smitdogg mention,(is it the same with photoplay 2000 v 2.01?)
> PS just my anxiety,could these older versions ,be in MAME as working soon?

I need more c++ skills to make a pretty driver, sorry. The older versions support mouse input as well and just need say, 486/66 4mb and vga up to Photoplay 2000 IGO7. They only upgraded the hardware since nobody made 486's anymore. The later stuff runs on XP embedded and a cheap Celeron, but those are not really interesting to me at the moment.

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

#375426 - 04/06/18 05:44 PM

> > Τhanks a million ASURE,for your great job!
> > This photoplay 2.0 Smitdogg mention,(is it the same with photoplay 2000 v 2.01?)
> > PS just my anxiety,could these older versions ,be in MAME as working soon?
>
> I need more c++ skills to make a pretty driver, sorry. The older versions support
> mouse input as well and just need say, 486/66 4mb and vga up to Photoplay 2000 IGO7.
> They only upgraded the hardware since nobody made 486's anymore. The later stuff runs
> on XP embedded and a cheap Celeron, but those are not really interesting to me at the
> moment.

Thats pity ,i would like to see photoplay that is on MAME already to be working,but thats ok,you already did great work for everyone!
I hope someone can can make a driver for all of this work!
PS Just another silly question,i hope you won't lough loud with this....
If the older versions support already mouse input,why is that hard to make them work?

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Wow new [Re: CTOJAH]
#375427 - 04/06/18 05:57 PM

> You don't have to suck Hazes dick just to show how much lowly You are to him.
> My post was about THE games mentioned, not about the WIP.
> How and where do You see my ungratefulness ?
> About Type X/X2 games : They are already ALL playable by using loader some people
> did, MAME with its correctness/true emulation strategy will catch up latter (if ever)
> and I am fine with that. I never asked for someone to make these games playable in
> MAME.
> I am very grateful to everyone who worked/works on MAME drivers including Haze, who
> knows how to write those lines of code (C++ or whatever) but as a common man He is a
> pitiful little man which desperately needs some love.
> Hey Haze, someone out there must be loving You, perhaps its only Your mother ?! but
> hey - try harder to be more polite and bring down Your ego from heavens.

Hey,i don't think tou are right about Haze...
I don't know why he reacts hard against you,but i know he is very friendly and polite ,in his site,to any visitor,even with person really irrelevant with emulation like me!
I am not his lawyer but hey,this is true,he is one for the most known devs,and there are a lot om my compatriots,more relevant in emulation,who agree with that!

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Send PM

Re: Wow new [Re: Asure]
#375429 - 04/06/18 06:23 PM

> As for games, they were everywhere and played a lot so there are many people who
> think otherwise of the quality of them. I love the find-it and Shanghai games, so do
> my daughter and wife. Combined with the quiz games and Nokia's snake game, they make
> in interesting millennial time capsule.

Interesting. Thank God the RasPi wasn't around at that time! Still, I agree those simple games hold a lot of nostalgic value to some people in the short term, and historical value in the long run. I can't tell you how many such simple games bring back a flood of great memories to me too.

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Send PM

#375430 - 04/06/18 06:24 PM

Nah, my comments had nothing to do with Haze at all. I'm sure he can do a pretty good job defending himself anyway, assuming he cares enough to dignify your playschool-level diatribe against him with a response. Sorry man.

Asure
MAME Fan
Send PM

#375458 - 04/07/18 12:22 PM

> Thats pity ,i would like to see photoplay that is on MAME already to be working,but
> thats ok,you already did great work for everyone!
> I hope someone can can make a driver for all of this work!
> PS Just another silly question,i hope you won't lough loud with this....
> If the older versions support already mouse input,why is that hard to make them work?

The main problem is me. I have never written drivers for Mame. The first gen PP2000 is based on two boards, they used SIS49x and UMC888x 486+PCI. It's the same as Megatouch first gen almost. Anyway, i suck at driver writing, and i have a life as well with work, family and other matters. So the amount of time i can sink into Mame is limited. I prefer to dump stuff instead

The video was just done as a proof of concept on At586 driver with many ugly hacks. It should be a SIS based driver at least someday.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#375459 - 04/07/18 01:14 PM

Do you really not understand?

> How and where do You see my ungratefulness ?

When you said "Many people would rather see these games working in MAME instead of this sh*t !"

That is perceived as ungrateful.

> I never asked for someone to make these games playable in MAME.

Your same comment... "Many people would rather see these games working in MAME instead of this sh*t !"

By saying many people want to see these games in MAME, you are implying that someone should at some point work on these games in MAME.

> I am very grateful to everyone who worked/works on MAME drivers including Haze, who
> knows how to write those lines of code (C++ or whatever) but as a common man He is a
> pitiful little man which desperately needs some love.

You commend him, then turn right around and bitch-slap him in the face. Do you really not see anything wrong with that? Do you really think that is acceptable and okay behaviour?

> Hey Haze, someone out there must be loving You, perhaps its only Your mother ?! but
> hey - try harder to be more polite and bring down Your ego from heavens.

You need to try harder to be more polite. I'm assuming it's part to do with English is not your first language... but after all these years, where people over and over and over again have had to tell you about this... I would think you would have figured this all out by now.

If you haven't figured out yet... here it is straight out: A lot of the time, you act like a mean, rude person. And starting out with a comment, but then ending with an rude comment, is still mean and rude.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: Wow new [Re: Mr. Do]
#375462 - 04/07/18 02:00 PM

I do NOT wanna polemise here about rudeness (mine or others), but if You want to be fair when You analyze my comments You should see and show a whole picture : My comments are impolite or rude ONLY as an answer to uncivilized and insulting comments of Haze (in this case).
Picking only my comments deliberately and tendentiously without showing his is equally rude.
I know that Haze is MAME developer and I myself am some random Eastern Europe forum user and seeing that I can understand on which side is You or others, but this is forum and not the headquarters of MAME dome and here we should freely speak about views even sometimes they (views) are opposite of each other.
And once again, I completely understand the MAME policy of emulation and don't wanna to interfere with it even if I could, I for myself represent gamers side of the emulation and only can play(or not) an emulated games in MAME; I can't change MAME code in any way and I am not stopping any dev. to work on "real" emulation while I (and many others) am playing hacked versions of some games.
Also I do not wanna obstruct preservation side of the MAME too : there are games which will never be playable in our lives so we can try to make them playable by any means including hacked loaders or something like that; meanwhile those games will be preserved for MAME and future emulation in the original intact form - everyone should be happy, gamers and MAME devs.
And really, English is not my native language and I apology for any misunderstanding.

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

#375472 - 04/07/18 06:19 PM

>
> The main problem is me. I have never written drivers for Mame. The first gen PP2000
> is based on two boards, they used SIS49x and UMC888x 486+PCI. It's the same as
> Megatouch first gen almost. Anyway, i suck at driver writing, and i have a life as
> well with work, family and other matters. So the amount of time i can sink into Mame
> is limited. I prefer to dump stuff instead
>
> The video was just done as a proof of concept on At586 driver with many ugly hacks.
> It should be a SIS based driver at least someday.

Life, Family, Work,are the most important things in a man's life!
MAME comes in second place.
I hope someone can make a driver,to give life to your good work!
Thanks you spend your precious time,to explain to me the whole issue!

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Updates April 5 *edit* new [Re: Asure]
#375480 - 04/08/18 06:37 AM

>I should explain a bit about my love-hate relationship with these machines. Back in the
>day, around'98 and '99 the arcades in my country were becoming less and less popular. They
>only had lots of gambling games and maybe two pins in the end. Arcade games were no longer
>profitable with the rise in better home gaming hardware. The last few Streetfighter ' II
>machines in my local cafeteria and pub were replaced with Photoplay terminals. I was
>pissed.

Almost reminds me of my mid 1970s era youthful (kid at the time) rage with nearly all the places that used to have Atari Highway cabs converted to play Atari Night Driver instead. I was pissed/disappointed/enraged whatever it is at the fact I wouldn't be playing Atari Highway ever again and there was nothing I could do about it back then.

>It was Photoplay's fault they removed my sf2!!! 20 Years later, i came to exact my
>revenge and dump all of them. During my research i became fascinated with these games,
>and they earned my respect. Many of the harddisks i dumped showed a story of
>entertainment and love.

>I have some form of driver working in at586, but it's not a quality one and more of a
>hack. I hope to find some time to get it in a decent shape and maybe even submit it one
>day I still need to add proper touch handling to the microtouch driver as well. That's
> why i use 'dostouch' as this is working and the 2001 image used supports 'real' mouse
>input.

Granted this offbeat hardware project wasn't on your want list. ;-)

But kudos to attempting to get this hardware emulated. I would like to believe there are some similar hardware that is/are already emulated in other source files for other computer based hardware coin-op products that might be helpful reference.

If all goes well and almost all the various Photoplay terminal systems are emulated, you can then host a mini-scale version of DISCO DEMOLITION NIGHT, but call it Photoplay DEMOLITION NIGHT instead. *sarcasm/kidding* If anything, hopefully you recoup your money spent with these purchases if reselling them later.

*for the younger generations that were never aware of this 1970s promotion stunt that became a disaster.*

--
DISCO DEMOLITION NIGHT AT OLD COMISKEY PARK (1979)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAJfOcnYYEQ

Edited by gregf (01/19/21 08:30 AM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: What's wrong with You Sir? new [Re: CTOJAH]
#375481 - 04/08/18 07:04 AM

Haze, Mr. Do, and Shoegazer already gave the replies so no need to rehash that stuff.

Read Asure 's post again.

He is also a gamer like you, but that likes earlier generation of scrolling fighter games and was pissed of what became of the cabs at places that he visited and is now using his time, money, knowledge etc. to emulating a system even though he has good reason(s) to detest it, but begrudgingly respects of why it was a popular system at the time. It isn't Taito stuff, but if it gets emulated and is eventually fully working later, great.

-
I should explain a bit about my love-hate relationship with these machines. Back in the day, around'98 and '99 the arcades in my country were becoming less and less popular. They only had lots of gambling games and maybe two pins in the end. Arcade games were no longer profitable with the rise in better home gaming hardware. The last few Streetfighter ' II machines in my local cafeteria and pub were replaced with Photoplay terminals. I was pissed. It was Photoplay's fault they removed my sf2!!! 20 Years later, i came to exact my revenge and dump all of them.

During my research i became fascinated with these games, and they earned my respect. Many of the harddisks i dumped showed a story of entertainment and love.

. No not really. They showed a money hungry operator can mame thousands with these little pc based magic machines. Bookkeeping is intact in many of them, and you can see they brought in at least a thousand per month on good locations. I have one machine with a hardware coin cointer sitting around 67.000 coins in. That $30.000. At least now i know why they replaced the Street Fighter machines.

And as anyone with a love for modern electronic antiques: These have (at least) a pretty 486DX4/100 inside.. who can resist that?
-

marvin
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/27/18
Send PM

#378698 - 09/27/18 07:37 PM

where can i download the driver?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU: Photoplay new [Re: marvin]
#378700 - 09/27/18 09:16 PM

I don't know that they've been added to mame yet but the easiest way to find a driver name is use mameui to search a game name, find its driver name in the list then find the driver here: https://git.redump.net/mame/tree/src/mame/drivers

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#378702 - 09/27/18 09:44 PM

> where can i download the driver?

Fantastic first post, A++, a very intelligent user

Asure
MAME Fan
Send PM

#378740 - 10/01/18 02:13 PM

Nowhere. It's not being worked on atm. Not by me, or anybody else that i know of. Perhaps in a future MAME version.

nikolas1960
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: DU: Photoplay new [Re: Asure]
#389604 - 01/19/21 12:08 AM

Happy new years,and all my wishes for health and peace!
I Just wanted to ask,if there was any progress in this game,after 3 years passed!
Thanks in advance!

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: DU: Photoplay new [Re: nikolas1960]
#389609 - 01/19/21 08:44 AM

> Happy new years,and all my wishes for health and peace!
> I Just wanted to ask,if there was any progress in this game,after 3 years passed!
> Thanks in advance!

Try it in MAME and see for yourself. Don't necrothread.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 504 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2791