MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Fundraiser: Opa Opa - Done!
#374359 - 03/03/18 09:24 PM

ShouTime needed help paying for a really rare original version of the Sega classic Opa Opa that was not encrypted and has earlier part numbers than the game's main release. I don't know what changes it might have, I didn't even know it existed before. Thanks to Charles MacDonald, it's already been paid for and the fundraiser is completed and we'll get it in mame soon!

If you want to donate toward future game buys or become a monthly helper you can check the page here:

http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/dumping/union.html

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Opa Opa - Done! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374362 - 03/03/18 09:48 PM

>original version of the Sega classic Opa Opa that was not encrypted and has earlier part
>numbers than the game's main release.

If only an unencrypted version of Rafflesia would show up one of these days so that long ago Raflesiau rom set would become an actual reality.

ps: The very long time emulation fan followers will know what that comment meant.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Opa Opa - Done! new [Re: gregf]
#374372 - 03/04/18 12:59 AM

> ps: The very long time emulation fan followers will know what that comment meant.

Is it really that long of a time? Fuck you for making me feel old. I'm only 32, god damn it. :P

AJR Hacker
MAME Developer
Reged: 02/01/16
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Opa Opa - Done! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374375 - 03/04/18 02:16 AM

That 834-6193 spinner/trackball controller sub board really gets around. Riddle of Pythagoras and Megumi Rescue (the latter being an undumped prototype) are the only System E games known to require it, but it keeps turning up with other games that don't.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Opa Opa - Done! new [Re: AJR Hacker]
#374376 - 03/04/18 02:43 AM

> That 834-6193 spinner/trackball controller sub board really gets around. Riddle of
> Pythagoras and Megumi Rescue (the latter being an undumped prototype) are the only
> System E games known to require it, but it keeps turning up with other games that
> don't.

I don't think Megumi is a proto, afaik it had production rom labels. It's just (very) uncommon like a lot of the System E stuff. I guess that isn't too surprising, who in their right mind is really going to want to run souped-up SMS games with primitive gfx and sounds against when there are far better looking titles out there. Nintendo got away with it with the VS System because Mario was kinda iconic, System E has nothing to make operators want it.

(personally I think it's an interesting system, but marketability must have been terrible)

John IVModerator
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Opa Opa - Done! new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#374381 - 03/04/18 04:00 AM

Laugh, yeah weren't you and Gridle about the same age when you got involved in Mame?

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#374383 - 03/04/18 04:49 AM

> > ps: The very long time emulation fan followers will know what that comment meant.
>
> Is it really that long of a time? Fuck you for making me feel old. I'm only 32, god
> damn it. :P

... God damnit I thought you were older than me!

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#374384 - 03/04/18 07:10 AM

> > ps: The very long time emulation fan followers will know what that comment meant.
>
> Is it really that long of a time? Fuck you for making me feel old. I'm only 32, god

Wait til you get to my age. 42 years.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#374388 - 03/04/18 08:30 AM

>

You feel old? You were 13 when I started using MAME... and today only six years older than my oldest son.

*48 in June

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Opa Opa - Done! new [Re: Haze]
#374416 - 03/05/18 02:58 PM

> (personally I think it's an interesting system, but marketability must have been
> terrible)

I'd think so too, but the PCBs for the most part haven't been all that rare so they must've done OK.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 480 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 937